News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Found at the MoBo

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

It's most likely gone by now. For 3 G's it has a lot more value in parts if the body is misrepresented.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/3279110386.html
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

classic cruiser

I see it has the ultra rare 501 cid engine!
coffee fueled-beer cooled

Tailfin Joe

That's the aluminium block  one year only option don't see to many of those .
1970 Coupe Devile

guidematic

It's as rare as my 1990 Brougham Touring Sedan.  :ha ha:

Mike

Geoff

Ultra-rare?  How about my 501 472?   :icon_OO:

:pool:
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Fins

I posted this thinking (that was my mistake) that someone with the room and resources would snatch it up for near nothing and part it out. Talisman specific items aren't just falling off the trees anymore.

Oh well, it was a thought.   :confused2:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

It would be a good score at that price. Would it be a good driver? Maybe.

I have run into so many idiots that say they have a 501 in their '74. They are adament about it. I say look at the small print under the 501. What does it say? 472 cubic inches. Hmmm. Than they go on to tell the next person it's a 501.

Mike

Fins

You're confusing them with facts. No one likes to be told they're wrong anymore. Nor are they apt to admit it. They like living in their fantasy worlds.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

guidematic

Exactly. That's why they are fed a constant diet of fantasy. It distracts them while their world gets taken apart peice by peice.

Mike

Fins

If it's not in the lyrics to the shit they listen to or on the phone screen they have no clue.
I've heard stories that the schools will not be teaching writing anymore, but typing. Get a teenager to sign a document. They can't. They print it out. When told that isn't a signature, they'll tell you that that is they way they were taught.

Man has this thread ever been shanghaied !!!
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

guidematic

Kids coming out of high school these days are functionally illiterate. And it's not entirely their fault. They were never given the oppourtunity to learn. Some of the shit that my kids told me they were being taught appalled me.

They're put into this fantasy world from the get go. They expact that everything will be provided for them. A good job that pays good money and they don't have to work hard at it.

Man, are they finding out differant now. And they always blame someone else for it.

Mike

Jon

Just yesterday I was going through a bunch of quizzes written by first year students that I had to mark. The hand writing on them was so terrible you could barely make out what they were trying to say.  I had to remind myself that these kids type everything so picking up a pencil is a foreign concept and they get no practice.

Fins

Society bred Democrats.

When asked what they aspired to be after school, teens replied, rich and famous. When asked if they had a plan in place to achieve this fame and fortune, the most popular reply was that they would be a musician, singer, or reality TV star.

Two kids sitting around discussing how they each were going to spend the $100 that each of them had. One said he wanted to buy a pair of Air Jordans from Nike. The other said he wanted to buy a share of Nike stock. When his buddy asked him why he wanted to waste his money that way, he said that his friend was going to buy the shoes that would increase the value of his stock and make him more money.

Who is the future Rep and Dem?
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Fins

Quote from: Jon on September 27, 2012, 03:51:04 PM
Just yesterday I was going through a bunch of quizzes written by first year students that I had to mark. The hand writing on them was so terrible you could barely make out what they were trying to say.  I had to remind myself that these kids type everything so picking up a pencil is a foreign concept and they get no practice.

I admit that my handwriting has gone downhill. I have to write slower to get the desired result. You can get a good basis of a persons intellect by their handwriting.

Are you an Engineer turned teacher now Jon?  :chin:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Jon

I've always been a teach at heart for the concepts I love (engineering).  I don't think I'll stay in academia when I'm done, I'll probably head to industry.  The teaching will be the only thing I miss.