News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Help Explian??

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper

Ad says buy it for $19k

Sucky cheap car in the first place so I really don't understand someone bidding this high???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-Cadillac-Eldorado-Convertible-/251285561101?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a81c95f0d#ht_500wt_1021

Jon

Makes sense to me. Maybe not the 19K,  but the current bid is on the low side in my opinion.

What I don't get is the ad listing it as a 67 with RWD.

Keeper

44,000 mile 76 convertible worth that?Those cars are rattly,plasticky crap and are everywhere for under $19000!You can still find them with under 25 miles on em.

Carfreak

Quote from: Jon on June 05, 2013, 06:13:00 PM
What I don't get is the ad listing it as a 67 with RWD.

1.  As for the '67' vs. it being a 76?  Most likely a typo.

2.  RWD?   Some people don't pay attention to details, they skim proofread. See #1.  

To me, this sounds about right don't you think, keeper?

Quote from: keeper

Help Explian??

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Keeper

RWD and 67 I understand.Ignorance is Bliss.

However a bunch of bids to that stupid price and 6 days left on a crappy car in the first place.

Carfreak

'Crappy car"? 
You're going to hurt someone's feelings saying that.   ::)

Probably shill bids. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Fins

He missed your entire point CF.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Fins

It says it can be had for $19K. Okay, fair enough. But it has 2 bids on it and it's up to $40K. Wayyyyyy too many questions for me on this one. Why repainted, steering wheel wrapped, no detailed pictures, air cleaner to manifold heat tube in the wrong place, not a fin in the radiator or condenser out of place.

I smell foul.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Keeper

I definately don't want to hurt anyones feelings. It is a known fact that value engineering started on the car imediately
in early 67 when it debuted.By 76 it was an atrocity in my opinion. My 76 started on fire twice on its own!First the back seat cause the cat was too close and too hot!The next time was the stupid brake set up via the power steering
hose spung a leak.I could not steer or stop and that red stuff on a red hot exhaust... Woosh get out the extinguisher!

Silly.
Planned obsolesence started in the end of 72.I am finding out in the UAV that also was from late 76. Just cheap and kinda junky,like all todays stuff!

Fins

Then the cat was replaced and set too far back. The factory position was right behind the firewall under the where the trans hump would be. As soon as the two sections of pipe from the manifolds was joined at the 'Y' then the cat was placed there.

And yes, I agree, that Hydro Boost brake conglomeration was a joke. You could stand on the pedal with both feet, hit the floor and keep right on going.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Keeper

This is the way I tell people the difference in a pre 1972 car to anything made afterwards specially Now.

The first shot is their car the second is mine!!

Jon

Wow 40K
That's a lot higher than the $4600 the first bid was at!

Fins

Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631