News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Money pit anyone?

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

Dave.

Inquire as to what the seller is smoking and if you can, post a pound/1/2 kilo over to me. I'll wire you the funds for instant withdrawl. That has to be better than anything here in the states. Even better than Obama had in Hawaii.   :smoke:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

davecdv

I`ll go halves with you Fins.

It sure has got to be some pretty good sh*t. :yes:

61rocket

Geez you guys are pessimists . A couple of nuts and bolts and a bit of a polish and they would be brand new  :Muttley:

Lance ;D

Xris

Looks like they just need a new battery each ,a couple of spanners , a couple of hours and you could drive them home , that way you could save on the towing fee .

Xris

Fins

You guys can work then.

Dave and I will will get a buzz on and watch.   :smoke:  Whaddayathink Dave? Sound good to you?
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Jon

I wonder if he's offering a set of assembly instructions along with it?  Maybe a picture of the finished product...
Couldn't be too tough, it's not like we've never worked on these cars before.

davecdv

Quote from: Fins on October 08, 2012, 11:32:05 AM
You guys can work then.

Dave and I will will get a buzz on and watch.   :smoke:  Whaddayathink Dave? Sound good to you?

Absolutely. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Fins

Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

trvlr480

Even if all those rusted parts were worth that much the only way I could see anyone handing that kind of money over is if they knew those 1928's so well they could tell what they are buying.  How many people on this planet could even look at all  that and positively identify what they were buying.  And what is a 1928 Cadillac roadster worth anyway?  It must be a bunch.

I think Finn's has the right idea.

guidematic

I would think a decent example copuld be had for about that or not much more.

Mike

Fins

And it would be running, drivable and showable.

Some of these people think they are sitting on goldmines.   ::)
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

davecdv

Quote from: Fins on October 12, 2012, 05:50:24 AM

Especially in Oz. :yes:

guidematic

And it would be running, drivable and showable.

Exactly.

Mike

Xris

Quote from: davecdv on October 12, 2012, 06:45:01 AM

Especially in Oz. :yes:

Can you remember the guy from Aus. who wanted a million for his 59 convertible .  ( I'm sure that was the price . )

The same guy who had that gold 50's Caddy with the 350 chevy .

Xris