News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Da Bomb is up for grabs

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

Clink just sent me an email saying Da Bomb is on Craigs List.

I'm looking, but it might take a bit to find the link.

I'm not the search expert here, plus I don't know what city he's in.

http://gulfport.craigslist.org/cto/2357970027.html

I was looking for 60, not 1960.   :doh:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Russ

I thought he loved that car? 
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

EZ

Wish it was a 2 door.  Wish I had room for it too............. :censored:

Clink

Hello everybody, I've been absent :Muttley:

Yesterday,, I climbed under dabomb to tighten the oil pan  plug; then I decided to pull the trans. pan but the crossmember was in the way so I took out 2 bolts and it fell on the ground. :Muttley:

and and guess what you'll never believe it while I was searching with my fingers for pan bolts to catch the pretty red oil I found a drain plug but by that time it was already empty!!!!!!!!  :shh:

So I say to myself, Clink if you were Fin's would you measure the amount of oil that came out? :ha ha:  And I wonder how much was supposed to be in there?

So I go to my electronic manual and it says "on refill, 8 quarts; capacity 12 quarts. :speechless:  Anybody want to guess how much I retrieved?  :scratchhead: :chin: :jack:

OK for all you that said 4 quarts win! :yes:

So I notice the everything is clean but now I need a new gasket. :yes:  So I call NAPA and Vince says Oh yeah same as a jetaway, 14 bolts , you got to order it, $9.98.  So today Sunday, I go to NAPA and Vince isn't there and the other black guy says we don't have it so i say Vince found it but he can't was I pissed or what! :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Now I have to go back tomorrow to see Vince! :No:  When will it all end? :doh:

Let me tell you about Black Betty's battery............the last time I took her out she died in the driveway.............something is draining it or did I cook it leaving the charger on for 2 days..........So I say if I were Fin's would he check the fluid? :Muttley: So I stick a pencil in the hole and it was kinda dry so I put some water in...then Clunk came over and tested it and said............. oh no that was my truck..another story....  so I take out the battery which I got from CarQuest 2 years ago and they say "oh yeah you get a $15 prorate ......I say wtf you mean I paid $112 for it etc etc. :censored:......they say well it's a commercial battery I say well it in my car.........so I take my receipt and say $90 is too much to pay and left pissed...................my wife says I'm angry :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Tomorrow, I'm going to a battery place to see if I can get on to match 18" X 4" wide X 8" deep and something more that 485 CCA.  I have no room to adapt to a smaller shaped battery. :smoke:

Nice to talk to ya'll again! :yes:

Clink

Fins

That there man worked with waaaaaaaaaaay too many chemical in that oil spill.   :chin:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Russ

Good to hear from yua Colonel.  Whats new?
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

guidematic

Isn't that something. You have to buy a commercial battery to fit your car. You'd think a commercial battery would last longer, and then be stung by what they call a warranty doubly sucks.

If you had a trickle charger on it, after 2 days it would be fine, but if you used anything more, it would have boiled the battery.

Mike

EZ

Hey Clink!!

Sorry you're having trouble with the cars but it was good to hear from you again.  :hi: