News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

My next car???

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

This one looks awful tempting.   :yes:   It might be as close to the Talisman that I'd like to get as I can find. Though I'm not really looking, this one just jumped right out at me. Mileage is good, colors are nice, and that interior is one of the most comfortable there is.

I would need a lot more pics and also a personal inspection. It might be worth the one day up and back flight to see it. That way I don't have to trust a strangers opinions. Put $12k cash in front of him, and he might say yes.   :)

http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/buy-sell/fs-1976-fleetwood-brougham-31k-miles-excellent-condition-$14-900/
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

DownUnderDeville

Looks sweet :yes:

Just a shame about that icky upholstery.

Fins

Icky upholstery???

You must be on the phone with my wife. She said it looked..... well....hoodish. Velour went out in the '70's.   :'(

Let her burn her ass on hot leather. I like cloth.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Fins

Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Carfreak

Screw that Cadillac, this is what you need (want):

http://rowleyauctions.com/images/6_2711pics/IMG_3857.JPG

http://rowleyauctions.com/pages/auctionjune27_2011.htm

Monday 11 am, that's at least 36 hrs from now.   :trvlr480:

Didn't you mention wanting to renovate mom's garage into something useful?   ;)

Heck, I'll bid for you; just send an irrevocable letter of credit.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

EXCRUISERGUY

I'd be proud to own that car.
I kinda like the upholstery. It does look real comfy.

GJ

Fins

I'd have to renovate AND air condition the garage to have that thing. Just this morning....90% humidity. You can't even breathe out there, and the mosquitos will carry you off if you stand still long enough.

Nice but no thanks. I's rather have the Fleetwood. GJ and I fianlly agree on something. Pimpish or not, sitting in that interior is the second step of luxury. The first is the 'Pillow Top' velour that Cadillac made. Aaahhhh !!!!!!!!!!
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

DownUnderDeville

Quote from: Big Fins on June 26, 2011, 02:27:02 AM
Icky upholstery???

You must be on the phone with my wife. She said it looked..... well....hoodish. Velour went out in the '70's.   :'(

Let her burn her ass on hot leather. I like cloth.

Leather or that pillow-type seating (can't think what it's called). But that velour looks terrible to me.

Fins

If I remember correctly, "Pillow Top" was the correct terminology for the interior.

But no worries. At this time next year, I'll be able to plunk down cash, for the nicest Talisman in the United States. You'll see.   :yes:

Doc......I'm still loving that Firemist Blue one you teased me with. Go over that one bumper to bumper and I think that'll be an A-1 car. I'll wheel into the GN's, in Saint Augustine with that Talisman looking like new, and the old farts teeth will fall out again.   :yeah baby:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

DownUnderDeville

QuoteAt this time next year, I'll be able to plunk down cash, for the nicest Talisman in the United States. You'll see.   

Doc......I'm still loving that Firemist Blue one you teased me with. Go over that one bumper to bumper and I think that'll be an A-1 car. I'll wheel into the GN's, in Saint Augustine with that Talisman looking like new, and the old farts teeth will fall out again. 

Or it'll end wearing NZ plates and your teeth will fall out  :banana: :pot: :hi:

Ah, dreams are free.........

Fins

That's right. Dreams don't cost a red cent.    :hi:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

DownUnderDeville

Isn't there two there anyway? :scratchhead:

guidematic

I do like that car Fins. The upholstery in the pics is not quite what it is in reality. I think some silver was picked up from a camera flash. But they are incredibly comfoprtable.

I would have preferred a blue roof, though.