News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

For Sale/ Wanted

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

A guy on my '65-'66 board has a '76 Cadillac for sale with the 500 engine in it
if anyone is interested. The car is his daily driver and he's located in W.V. He's
asking $1200.  Let me know if you want me to hook you up.

We also have another guy looking for a good 429 or at least a good 429 block.
Former owner messed up the engine while attempting to re-build it.  This guy is
located in the San Diego area I believe.  Southern California anyway.  Can anyone
help him?  Got any sources out West?

Thanks for looking.

"EZ"

Carfreak

I know of a rebuilt 429 in Michigan for $750; engine builder selling it since customer never paid his bill.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Denrep

Quote from: CarFreak on May 31, 2009, 05:46:21 PM
I know of a rebuilt 429 in Michigan for $750; engine builder selling it since customer never paid his bill.

What a deal.

Ooops!
I guess I don't have the heart to mention it to a friend who's just wrapping up this rebuild:
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Fins

Why not denrep? He might like to have it as a back up drop in. Tell him. No loss to you. And it's right downt the street.

Fins
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Denrep

Quote from: Big Fins on May 31, 2009, 07:24:20 PM
Why not denrep? He might like to have it as a back up drop in....

Good idea, I'll mention the 429, and aks around too. It certainly sounds like a deal.
You don't happen to know the block's application and model year?

There were several block varieties, knowing the original application would help anyone who may be thinking about a 429.

I remember a pretty good mechanic who claimed that some '67 Eldo blocks weren't drilled or tapped for RWD starter bolts. I don't know though, that was the same mechanic who went through all the work of changing over a FWD Eldorado 429 to plant in a RWD car. After all that, when the only thing left to do was put a starter on it, the hot-head threw a tool through the window!  :laugh:

Good Luck
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Carfreak

Quote from: denrep on June 01, 2009, 02:46:10 AM

Good idea, I'll mention the 429, and aks around too. It certainly sounds like a deal.
You don't happen to know the block's application and model year?

Had some info previously but am not finding the email.  I'll ask and let you know.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

northern comfort

what up bro ,
im from napa ca
there is a guy that only does mail order but hes reachable
his name is caddy daddy u can find him on the net
caddydaddy.com   got a werehouse full of shit........... another note
i got a 1965 cad and i read your on a 65 66 page let me know got alot of questions and some answers

cadillackid1955

I got a couple complete 429's layin and a 68 cdv w/42,000 orig. I'm about 60mi north of Los Angeles :jack:

EZ

My friend over in Charlotte, NC.  sold his 429.

Thanks.