News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Caribou on eBay Motors

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

guidematic

Nice. But I wonder what's with the lawn chair cushions on the seats? And the tailgate doesn't offer much of an opening when down. Your isn't like that is it Geoff? The rear end on the '73 was a bit more inviting for a proper tail gate.

Mike

Tailfin Joe

I really like it  , because I am allways a sucker for black Cadillacs , is it worth the price?? ,just seems to have the "right look" , but pictures do lie. Geoff what's your take on the car ??
1970 Coupe Devile

Geoff

Quote from: guidematic on September 10, 2012, 01:12:01 PM

Nice. But I wonder what's with the lawn chair cushions on the seats? And the tailgate doesn't offer much of an opening when down. Your isn't like that is it Geoff? The rear end on the '73 was a bit more inviting for a proper tail gate.

Mike

Yes, my tailgate is just like that --- kinda lousy, but at least it is a tailgate, some conversions had no tailgate at all.  Wondered about the seat cushions too.

Quote from: Tailfin Joe on September 10, 2012, 01:18:07 PM
I really like it  , because I am allways a sucker for black Cadillacs , is it worth the price?? ,just seems to have the "right look" , but pictures do lie. Geoff what's your take on the car ??

Is it worth the price?  Ummm, Caribous and Mirages just don't bring that kind of money as a rule and as you can see the auction has ended with the car unsold.  They usually bring well under $20 thou., at least the ones I have seen that sold on eBay in the past.
Did you note the top of the car?  Not easy to tell but it looks like he just put a vinyl top on the very top of the car and set it off with short pieces of aluminum trim, makes it look like a toupee --- ugly.  Maybe that is why Caribou Motors extended the top all the way back as seen in the pic. of mine below.  I experimented on paper with a several different designs for the vinyl top and finally decided that Caribou got it right their way.
I will have more and better pictures of mine soon as I am getting pretty close to being able to put it on the road.
Jan says she likes mine better than the black one --- smart girl!   ;D
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation