News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

He's baaaaaack......

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

But he never went away. He's always been here. Some of his cars are nice, others are cobbled together. It's up to the buyer to inspect the vehicle prior to purchasing it.

The trick is to know what you are looking at.   :read:

Fins
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

DownUnderDeville

Very true. I'm sure he never went away as such. I wonder how many eBay handles he has?  :yikes:

But I did enquire about one of his cars and his desperate-sounding response prompted me to check him out as best I could. I didn't have to look hard to see he pissed off a fair few.

Caveat emptor.

davecdv

I`ve gotta admit though his ads are soooooooooo seductive.

I`m sure if you didn`t know who you were dealing with you could end up with an expensive lemon on your hands.

DownUnderDeville

Yeah...there's still a lot of horror stories with people and their imported cars........

Fins

Not to offend anyone. But he's a nice little JewBoy. He throws the bait out there and reels you in. He was well trained by someone.

Fins
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

DownUnderDeville

Sure was. Or he's just a natural.

It's so damn easy to let your heart rule your head. God knows I've done it and it CO$T$!!

Hell, I was a bag o' nerves the second I hit Buy Now for ol' Jennifer here.

guidematic

I never much liked those cars. They drove like the Queen Mary with that typical Ford over assisted steering and marshmallow springs.

And who is Lawrence Anderson?

Mike

Tailfin Joe

I agree this is not one of fords better ideas, I do like the Mark 7 with the 302 HO 225 hp, I think they were from 86 to 91, the Mark 8 with the 4.6 is allright , but I like push rod motors, and the torque curve that they have.
1970 Coupe Devile

Fins

I loved the marshmellow ride of my Lincolns. great for comfort, but not for evading the police. My '69 GTX was all you could want for that.   :shh:

Fins
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

DownUnderDeville

Is it my imagination or is there less room in those Lincolns? I was in a Mark IV at work last week and it seemed almost cramped for a car damn near the size of mine.

But the look gets me every time. I just love it!

Fins

The Mark IV, is all hood and front seat. There is no room in the back, and the trunk is smaller than that of an Isetta. But that hood has to be 12 feet long.

I always liked the big boxy Continentals and Town Cars. The pillow top velour just swallowed you up when you sat down. Hell, I loved all the big luxobarges.

Fins
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

DownUnderDeville

QuoteHell, I loved all the big luxobarges.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Ya gotta be comfy.

EXCRUISERGUY

I had a Cougar XR7. It was built on the same car and the backseat was a glorified parcel shelf. Real comfy up front though. The only thing they forgot was weather radar.
You couldn't see all the way to the front of the car in bad weather.
It was a nice HWY cruiser, but it took a long time to get it up to speed and fuel economy was non existent.

GJ

guidematic

The Thunderbird, Mk IV, Cougar (post '74), Montego, Torino, Elite, LTD II all shared the same basic platform. So ther interior of the Mk IV was similar to that of the 2-door Torino of that era. Which is certainly not roomy. Also the lineage to the bottom feeder Torino showed in much of the handling quirks and body structure. They certainly were not based on high end mechanicals.

In contrast, the Eldorado was based on the E-body which was exclusive to higher end cars in GM. Like the Riviera and Toronado. That showed in the overall quality and feel of the car. Certainly some of the body structure was shared with the B and C bodies, but if you examine the basic Cadillac body, they have additional structure built in. Like added braces on the floors.

But the Eldorado certainly won't win any awards for efficient use of space either. The back seat was barely useable, and the trunk tiny. It was all about that long hood.

Back in the 80's I had much opportunity to drive many 70's Cadillacs and Lincolns. Yes the lincolns were super plush, but I really hated the way they drove. They seemed bigger than they actually were. However Cadillacs drove as though they were smaller.

Mike