News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

The ultimate 'Lac

Previous topic - Next topic

ST Dog

Quote from: CarFreak on April 25, 2011, 03:10:38 AM
With the crazy things it did, you'd swear that danged car was possessed!!!!   

May have been.  :shh:

Still, given it's age and the cutting edge tech (in it's day) it contained, a few gremlins now are to be expected.

guidematic

Quote from: ST Dog on April 24, 2011, 06:56:45 PM
Or a myriad of other exclusive features. One of my favorites is the memory seat function.

And the power trunk opener, and closure. The way it shuts off and restarts at traffic lights.

Mike

Carfreak

Driving with all the windows down, put up the front and TRIED to put up the rear when the electrical gremlin hit again.  
Windows stayed where they were at - 2 up, 2 down.  

It was a hot day; a/c worked good but not good enough for the rear passengers to enjoy with their windows open.

Yes, the trunk opener/closer would really mess with the heads of bystanders at the local cruise.  

The specific car I'm speaking of is lavender in color, very attractive but not totally original.  It was restored for/by Mary Tyler Moore until she & her husband got tired of writing checks.  Then owned for several years by a local friend but now returned to the west coast.  Featured on the cover of Calf Car Cover catalog a few years ago and also in the book 'Cadillac the Enduring Legend' pgs 60-65.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThUeXb6FOKs
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

guidematic

Lovely car. But I can imagine one of these cars after 10-15 years of daily use, and before a complete restoration, what they would be like.

The gremlins could make a condo home in one of thes cars.

Mike

mario

hey guys:
there is a cadillac that looks just like that parked at a mechanic shope just 1/2 mile from where i work, same color too!!!! don't tell me that one of you guys/gals lives that close to me, please don't tell me that....i asked nicely...
ciao,
mario

Carfreak

Quote from: mario on April 25, 2011, 08:13:00 PM
hey guys:
there is a cadillac that looks just like that parked at a mechanic shope just 1/2 mile from where i work, same color too!!!! don't tell me that one of you guys/gals lives that close to me, please don't tell me that....i asked nicely...
ciao,
mario

mario,

If the one you mention has:

hubcaps instead of cast wheels,
aftermarket electric wipers,
a battery kill switch in the passenger side rear quarter panel,
aftermarket power antenna 

its the same car.  Probably is; AFAIK, its the only lavender Brougham.   

I have the body number somewhere but can't put my finger on it at this moment. 

And you can count this Misfit out as living near you - I am definitely a midwesterner over 2k miles away. 

Fins

Don't worry about me Mario. I'm still in South Florida. Further than CF from you. So......you're safe for now.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

mario

i stopped by today and took a few picts. it is a 4 door not a 2 door. interior in nice shape, needs a few things, but i don't believe it is for sale.
ciao,
mario

Carfreak

Nope, not the same car.  That is more blue in color; the one I'm referencing was definitely a shade of light lavender. 

Fins

Hey..........I'll take it if no one else want's it !!!
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.