News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Eldo Ugly

Previous topic - Next topic

Carfreak

Fugly of the day

1979 Cadillac  Eldorado Custom Made Station Wagon. 350 olds throttle body fuel injection, 130,000mi., runs good. It has all options & moon roof. Straight body, never wrecked, solid floors,nice chrome & glass. Interior is in fair condition.I am the son of the original owner/builder. This car was customized when it was brand new. Needs rust work,paint, & misc. repairs.

$5,000 negotiable

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/cadillac/eldorado/1235075.html&refer=news
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

DownUnderDeville

At least it looks better than an Opera coupe.

But that's like saying leprosy is better than cancer.

Fins

It is ugly now. But when it was first built, had it been the right color, I could live with it. Cadillac comfort and the versatility of the wagon.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

EZ

I've seen a lot worse.  That's not bad actually.  The rear of the car is a bit "square" though......... :welder:

Geoff

Yeah, if the angle of that back window matched the angle of the taillights it might look a lot better.
Geoff
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Fins

That's what I like about it. The 'boxy' shape. Look at the 69/70 Cadillacs. Boxy and pointed. They were just beautiful cars. I like that style.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

trvlr480

It's no beauty, that's for sure.  It just kind of looks cheap and "tinny" to me.  The body lines just have no "flow" to them.

Fins

Photoshoppe some half skirts on the rear wheels and you'll see the lines flow better. Those huge open wheel wells ruin the total look.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Carfreak

Quote from: trvlr480 on May 04, 2011, 01:20:56 AM

It just kind of looks cheap and "tinny" to me.  The body lines just have no "flow" to them.

Wow, I agree with trvlr?!?!?!?    :speechless:
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

trvlr480

Quote from: CarFreak on May 04, 2011, 01:29:27 AM
Wow, I agree with trvlr?!?!?!?    :speechless:

:rotfl: :rotfl:  We probably agree on more than you would think, CF. ;D

ST Dog

For a '79 it's OK, there's not much you can do with the '79 bodies.
Could have been done a bit better, and a 2dr is just going to look odd.