News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Sweet, but $$$$$$$$$$

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

At that price, he'll own it for another 20 years too. Sweet yes. But I'm afraid if it never ran through the gears, the axles never turned the brake system and other systems were never used, it would take a good amount of money to get it roadworthy again.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Denrep

Make offer

Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Fins

Why? I don't want it. I don't fit into those little Caddys. Then again, I don't fit in my '59 either. No leg room for the driver. The back seat has it all. I'd be happy to move the seat back about 6 more inches.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

EXCRUISERGUY

Denrep

Not you Fins, reply #1 wasn't seen yet when reply #2 posted.

Notice the "flat" paint, especially on the decklid?  :scratchhead:  :chin:

Fins

Quote from: EXCRUISERGUY on June 21, 2011, 01:27:43 PM
Are you 7 feet tall?

GJ

No !!! 6' even. (1.9 meters) Just long legged. I like to stretch out when I drive, not have my knees hit the dashboard.

And look at the '59 pedal set up. This tiny little accelerator pedal, and this huge brake pedal. I wonder if that was for panic stops with both feet.   :scratchhead:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Carfreak

Quote from: Big Fins on June 21, 2011, 01:44:04 PM

And look at the '59 pedal set up. This tiny little accelerator pedal, and this huge brake pedal. I wonder if that was for panic stops with both feet.   :scratchhead:

Did you even notice the pedals on 42?   Tiny brake pedal - have thought a couple times how to modify to make it bigger. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

EXCRUISERGUY

I'm 6'2 and have no trouble driving one of those cars. The only problem I have is whacking my head when getting in.

Quote from: Denrep on June 21, 2011, 01:32:52 PM

Notice the "flat" paint, especially on the decklid?  

Flat paint? It looks quite reflective to me. In the photo taken directly at the rear of the car you can see the reflection of the roof in half the trunk lid.
I do however see something that may be a scratch.

GJ

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Popular post.............

Fins

You think you bang your head on your car??   :speechless:

Jump into the '59 with the low slung roof a few times without thinking about it. You'll damned sure remember the next time. And the back is even worse.

Also, the doglegs at the lower ends of the A pillar. I've banged my knees more than a few times on them.

That Eldorado was the best car for room that I've ever had. Damn, why did I sell that car?   :screwy:   :curse:  I'll be kicking myself for years to come on that one. One of the biggest automobile mistakes I've ever made.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Denrep

Quote from: Denrep on June 21, 2011, 01:32:52 PM

Notice the "flat" paint, especially on the decklid?  :scratchhead:  :chin:

Quote from: EXCRUISERGUY on June 21, 2011, 01:51:04 PM
. . .Flat paint? It looks quite reflective to me. In the photo taken directly at the rear of the car you can see the reflection of the roof in half the trunk lid. . . .

[lightbox url=http://cadillacmisfits.com/gallery2/main.php/d/6960-1/05-passenger-side-panels.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=6f740b17f984d442b8159a3adfd9f0d2 caption="05-passenger-side-panels" set=g2image]"05-passenger-side-panels"[/lightbox]

Flat, or no?  :chin:  :scratchhead:

Fins

Looks like the standard shitty paint job of an 80's + car.  More orange peel than Florida growers can produce.

I was looking at a 2011 CTS Coupe' the other day. It looked like a MAACO  $99.00 special.

They quit painting and building cars, and I mean REAL cars, in 1970.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

EXCRUISERGUY

I'll put my 94 up against your 59 any day. It is a REAL car.
I'll watch you get smaller and smaller in my mirrors too, and get better mileage. :pot:

GJ

Fins

Quote from: EXCRUISERGUY on June 22, 2011, 12:31:39 PM
I'll watch you get smaller and smaller in my mirrors too, and get better mileage. :pot:

GJ

In the famous words of Pooter.......DILLIGAFF 

Keep your little cheesebox. You like them, I don't. WTF is the problem?  I don't care about speed, I don't care about mileage. If I did, I wouldn't ride around in a 5000 pound hunk of steel. The people of that era were short in stature. Go back a few years to the 56 and there was loads of room. The 59 is a big car with no room for the driver, that's the point I'm trying to make.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Denrep

Quote from: EXCRUISERGUY on June 22, 2011, 12:31:39 PM

GJ

One question EXG, before I put the money up... What axle ratio you runnin'?

I don't know about Fin's '59, but I know that a basically stock '60 would definately leave a stock Fleetwood getting smaller at the top end. That's a definite. On the climb, a Hydro loses a little on the shifts but recovers fast.
Now with the fair disclaimer and surgeon general's waring about smoking, would you put it up against a '60?  :chin: