News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

WTB 1956 Cadillac tire jack hold down wire from trunk

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

Need one of these wire hold downs for my car. Jack rattling around in there bugs me! ( I have the bracket with the holes but not the wire)
Thanks,
Chuck

Carfreak

Chuck,

Not finding one here but as I mentioned yesterday, met someone at Auburn this weekend who may have it.  I'll send you his contact info by email. 

Funny how we connected, it was hot & nasty Friday afternoon.  Got to the RM Auction fairly early, 8am, and by mid afternoon had seen everything at least twice.  Decided to take a break and find some a/c so took the golf cart thru the tunnel to the Kruse Military Museum.  As we pulled up in front of the museum some guy dressed all in black ala Johnny Cash walked out and approached us.  He started telling us how he is a life member of the ACD Club and has attended every Labor Day auction for the past 41 years.  Somehow the conversation shifted to Woodward whence he mentioned a friend named Woodruff (JP, tell Tali's owner that BJN said hey) and next we were talking Cadillacs.  This guy is supposed to be a noted appraiser having compiled info into several books on auction results and also an auctioneer.  Now he makes cookies and brings many dozens of them to distribute to the various museums around town and friends.  Next we know we're being force fed many chocolate chip cookies which were incredibly fabulous, maybe the best I've ever tasted.  Oh yeah, how does all this relate to 1956 jack hold down wire?  HThe guy we met has a quantity of 1956 Cadillac parts back home in southern Indiana.  Said to send him an email to remind him to look for one. 

Later I mentioned this guy to my uncle, a long-time ACD member who's response was:  'he's still alive?   :rotfl:   'he's the one who one night after imbibing a bit too much shot a shotgun inside his room in the Auburn Hotel two doors away from us.  Sure got the bats riled up'.   

You just can't make this stuff up.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Carfreak

http://www.oregonccca.com/Hoodrelease/June/Frontcover%20insidecover%20backcover%2027jun09-1.pdf

Pgs 22 & 23 explain the Auburn Hotel, bats and other interesting ACD stuff; a lot of what keeps us going back every year. 

And its funnier than heck to see newbies when a bat shows up in the hotel lobby.  

Otto Skorzeny

carguyblack

I must be living too sheltered of a life. I never have stories like this!! Nor comebacks like Excruiserguy. You folks crack me up!
Thanks for the lead of the guy in Indiana. I'll try to time it when he's not cleaning his gun.
Chuck

Fins

True Americans are always cleaning their weapons. Ya just never know when ya might need ta use it.   :yes:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

Ueah, like if someone's thinking of stealing your chocolate chip cookie recipe.   :shoot:

Fins

Mom made me a whole batch of little real Cocoa cupcakes. Damn, those things are good. All wholesome ingredients. No proccessed crap at all.   :eating: :eating: :eating:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Russ

Quote from: CarFreak on September 07, 2011, 02:13:41 AM
Ueah, like if someone's thinking of stealing your chocolate chip cookie recipe.   :shoot:

I would prefer gathering for the uprise against the man.  That black SOB is gonna pull some fast movers at the end of his election.
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Carfreak

Too concise of a response to be trvlr. 

Interesting how even a discussion about factory jack hardware and choco chip cookies can be hijacked political. 

EXCRUISERGUY