News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

American Pickers

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper

I know there is a topic somewhere about the show,but this guy would be the place they
would love!Look at all the motorcycles everywhere.Check out the Lincoln.Close up shot
of the dash shows that gas gauge I HATE in the 69/70.It just falls and falls fast,at least
I can climb to half before mine drops fast.Anyway its really only 10 years old,kinda like
my spare thats holding its own this morning!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Eldorado-Eldorado-1969-Model-STORED-SINCE-1977-NO-RESERVE-AUCTION-CLEAN-CAR-/160694121844?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item256a1db574#ht_678wt_1006

Gary

Watched a Pickers episode last Monday where they were in Michigan. I bet that's the one CF helped out on.
Gary
When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.

Fins

That particular fuel gauge style was used on 1969 cars only. The '70 had a gauge similar to the '68 only turned 1/4 turn to the 'upside' position, like the '68 only it was in the speedometer housing, and not on the dash cluster.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

Quote from: Gary on December 07, 2011, 09:59:32 PM
Watched a Pickers episode last Monday where they were in Michigan. I bet that's the one CF helped out on.
Gary

Nope, that episode was in Minnesota.

QuoteNot So Cheap Thrills

Premiere Date: 12/05/2011

Mike and Frank are freestyling in Minnesota where they stumble on salvage operator Terry who has a staggering scrap yard. Everything is for sale, including a mother lode of retro signage. Next, coin-op kings Gary and John "say" they're ready to sell some of their vast collection of vintage arcade games. Frank takes a major gamble on some old school peep show coin operated machines. And retired twin brothers Steve and Tom open up their massive collection of toy cars and trucks. Danielle gets an appraisal on the peep show item.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

guidematic

Quote from: Keeper on December 07, 2011, 04:16:24 PM
Close up shot of the dash shows that gas gauge I HATE in the 69/70.It just falls and falls fast,at least
I can climb to half before mine drops fast.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Eldorado-Eldorado-1969-Model-STORED-SINCE-1977-NO-RESERVE-AUCTION-CLEAN-CAR-/160694121844?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item256a1db574#ht_678wt_1006

It doesn't fall the fast. But it does fall. The top half is bugger than the bottom half, though.

Mike

Fins

Yep. The top half usually does 'bugger' the bottom half.   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

ST Dog

Quote from: Fins on December 07, 2011, 11:27:10 PM
That particular fuel gauge style was used on 1969 cars only. The '70 had a gauge similar to the '68 only turned 1/4 turn to the 'upside' position, like the '68 only it was in the speedometer housing, and not on the dash cluster.

I always liked the '69 fuel gauge.

I think the '69 gauge will fit in the '70, and I was thinking about swapping it. (I have one from a parts car).

guidematic

Quote from: Fins on December 08, 2011, 12:01:23 AM
Yep. The top half usually does 'bugger' the bottom half.   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:ha ha: I guess I should proof read more often.

Mike

Fins

Quote from: guidematic on December 08, 2011, 12:28:56 AM
 :ha ha: I guess I should proof read more often.

Mike

I make too many mistakes not to. And even then I miss some until I read the post.

Quote from: ST Dog on December 08, 2011, 12:20:34 AM
I always liked the '69 fuel gauge.

I think the '69 gauge will fit in the '70, and I was thinking about swapping it. (I have one from a parts car).

It should fit, but I wouldn't swear to it as I really don't know. But I do know that when you're tapping on empty, it's easier to see that style bouncing. I always like it too.

I saw a '57 Eldorado Brougham at the show on Sunday. The clock rotates around like a globe. That was cool as hell.   :yeah baby:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Carfreak

Quote from: Fins on December 08, 2011, 12:43:44 AM

I saw a '57 Eldorado Brougham at the show on Sunday. The clock rotates around like a globe. That was cool as hell.   :yeah baby:

Called a 'barrel clock'. 

guidematic

Quote from: Fins on December 08, 2011, 12:43:44 AM
It should fit, but I wouldn't swear to it as I really don't know.

I wouldn't count on it. I know of several differances between the '69 and '70 on stuff you'd think that would interchange but won't.

Mike

Fins

Quote from: CarFreak on December 08, 2011, 12:46:40 AM
Called a 'barrel clock'. 

Whatever it was officially called, I've never seen one like it.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Denrep

". . . I decided to list it for about what I paid for it all of those years ago. So now there she is at $4950. with NO RESERVE PRICE AT ALL !!"

Ueahg, one question - What's the difference -if anything- between a  high preset minimum starting bid and a reserve?  :scratchhead:

Okay, two questions - A worn-out, shredded seat, black-walled, crooked lined, flat repaint, premium gas hog, over-the hill, '68 Eldo wasn't worth a grand in '77.  Why would anyone have paid 5000 for one as an "investment?"  :scratchhead:
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Carfreak

While we're getting picky - - it wasn't America's First Front Wheel Drive either.  :SoapBox:

Denrep

Quote from: CarFreak on December 08, 2011, 02:33:07 AM
While we're getting picky - - it wasn't America's First Front Wheel Drive either.  :SoapBox:

Ueahg, I thought about that, but the listing's wording was just ambiguous enough that I had to let it slide:

"My intention, of course, was to shine her all up and then drive around town in America's FIRST FRONT-WHEEL-DRIVE vehicle with the 472 cubic inch V-8 engine and a "Turbo Hydra-matic" (FWD) transmission."
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!