News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Why not ask any price?

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:  This idiot got drunk and bought the car at BJ, and realized that he really took a bath on it. Now he wants to try to off it on another sucker.

If he gets $47K for that car, I'll personally get on the phone to congratulate him.   :speechless:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

trvlr480

Anything is possible.  I've seen people pay a lot more for things I don't think they're worth.  Baseball cards are just one stellar example.  All he's got to find is some guy who's worth a half a billion dollars and want's one of those cars in that color because he got laid in one for the first time way back when.

That car, just like every other car is worth whatever someone will pay for it.  To me, the first offer is really pushing it.  I could see $10,000 if it's in as good a condition as they are eluding to in person.

ST Dog

Quote from: trvlr480 on February 06, 2012, 04:08:31 PM
To me, the first offer is really pushing it.  I could see $10,000 if it's in as good a condition as they are eluding to in person.

Closed with a high bid of $16,100.

trvlr480

Quote from: ST Dog on February 11, 2012, 04:58:10 PM
Quote from: trvlr480 on February 06, 2012, 04:08:31 PM
To me, the first offer is really pushing it.  I could see $10,000 if it's in as good a condition as they are eluding to in person.

Closed with a high bid of $16,100.

It looks like that car is worth $16,100 then.  Actually, I suppose I can see that.  Considering what everything else costs these days for a car like that if it's really in that good of condition.

guidematic

Those $5,000 cars of 5 years ago seem to be going for $10,000 these days.

Have you followed the price rise of muscle cars? Seems a pretty generic #2 '67 Chevelle SS396 with the base engine and an auto is running close to 30K. Not so long ago that was reserved for L-78 4-speed cars in #1 condition.

So in a way I'm not surprised to see prisine low mile Cadillacs hitting $20-30K. That seems to be where the market is. But, I have noticed that there is a good number of pristine low mile Cadillacs compared to other cars. So that makes them seemingly common by comparison.

How many muscle cars do you see with less then 20,000 miles in pristine unrestored condition? There are a few, not many, and they command insane prices.

And they say the market is soft......

Mike

Carfreak

The market is soft for 'average' cars, those in less than premium condition - crappy repaints, undesirable colors, not very well optioned, etc. 

It seems to remain strong for unusual, original/low mileage vehicles and as always the most desirable models of any make (Eldo's, SS, Hemi, etc.)
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

guidematic

For the real stars of the market, I think they will always remain very strong, and appreciate more. Historically they have, with the odd glitch like the crash in 1992.

Mike

Tailfin Joe

I guess timing is everything, the local Cadillac dealer which my buddy was the used car mananger, at the time took in a 67 eldo with low miles around 13k, this was 92 or 93 the first weekend they put it out for for 9995.00 and ran the ad in the local paper no bites, the second weekend they put it on the showroom floor , and up the price to 14995.00 , and yes they sold it for list , because of the hype , and that it was originally sold by the dealer, and don't forget they can finance the jackass , and they took it in for 4k.!!  :Muttley:yes every now and then you hit a home run , but this was before the internet, but sometimes you luck out!!
1970 Coupe Devile