New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Isn't 71-6 the Biggest?

Previous topic - Next topic

DownUnderDeville

Yes, I believe so, at 234" IIRC.

Geoff

Listing says the interior is leather, but based on the crack/tear in the picture showing the power seat switch (as well as the funky sewing pattern in the seats) I'm willing to bet that those seats are vinyl.
Geoff 
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Keeper

Just another Cool old car kinda like mine.20 feet away looks great.but no real prize.
I still like it even though its rough and I hate the spokes,love the proper Turbines...

guidematic

I do believe that the '74-'76 Fleetwoods were the biggest and heaviest standard production Cadillacs ever.

Mike

EXCRUISERGUY

Is it really a Brougham? They did all come with a vinyl roof.
Those wheels are grotesque.

GJ

guidematic

It's a Brougham Brougham.  :yes:

1971 was the last year that it was technically known as the Fleetwood Sixty Special Brougham. And yes, they were all Broughams since the base Sixty Special was almost a no show for the 1970 model year. In '72 the "Sixty Special" moniker was dropped and they became known as the Fleetwood Brougham.

Mike

Fins

According to Wiki, the longest regular production car was the 1973 Chrysler Imperial, coming in at 235.3 inches/5.9766 meters.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Keeper

I find that hard to believe,Wiki has been WAY wrong before.

Keeper

http://www.misterw.com/Imperial/73Imperial01.html

Pretty long hood but?I just googled the Imp and fouind this one...

ST Dog

Quote from: Fins on April 26, 2012, 03:35:54 PM
According to Wiki, the longest regular production car was the 1973 Chrysler Imperial, coming in at 235.3 inches/5.9766 meters.

Depends on the definition of "regular production" though.

The '70 Fleetwood 75 was 245.3" long. Then in '74 it was 252"

So, does the 75 count as regular production?

Keeper

I would say thats a yes but who really knows.

guidematic

The Seventy Five could be considered a production car. It was built on a line separate from the regular line, then bodies shipped to be mated with the chassis coming down the line. They made about 1,500 per year, so I think that could be considered production.

Mike

Fins

Whatever.  :doh:  The average schmoo didn't buy a Series 75. They bought Coupe's, Sedans, and Convertibles. 1500/year in no way compares to the hundreds of thousands of the other models. Be it Cadillac, Lincoln or Chrysler.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

I didn't say "Regular" production, did I? But you can't deny that any car built as such in a series can be called a production car.

Mike