News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Price going down

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper

Really love this one ,kept an eye on it and think its a nice example of half done
resto.Cool driveable car in nice,nice shape!A few months back it was $25k!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-CADILLAC-DeVILLE-2-DOOR-CONVERTIBLE-NICE-/120904042521?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c26714819#ht_61324wt_962

Keeper

Doesn't anyone feel the same?I love 67-8's and this is a nice old car!

Fins

I've been hunting for a clean 68 Vert for my buddy. That one there, if you look at the pictures real well, is an overpriced bondo-buggy.

You asked for an opinion and you got one.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

Ueah. 

From my standpoint, been-there-done-that; already owned a couple 68 verts and as I explained the other day, too new/too much plastic for my preference. 

For $16k I'd be looking at something from the 40s to cruise in.  Heck, for that price you can get a pretty cool fire truck.  Or there was even a Scout car a while back for just about that price; someone had fitted a 472 under the hood.   :yes:
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Keeper

I am not as critical on cool old cars as much as others.Yes its just a fast dealer fix up.Rattle can
all over, maybe new brakes or shocks and their in house putty scuff and spray shop work.I feel
its worth half what they are asking,but its a driver.Look what they are asking for the black one!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Other-/120905956434?_trksid=p4340.m444&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DC%252BS%26itu%3DSI%252BUA%252BLM%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8096960492264865665#ht_50907wt_962

Fins

There is no changing your mind, so why even try. You like them, a lot of folks don't. I like '69's. A lot of folks don't. I like '76's. Not '75 or 74's. Go figure.   :confused2:  '63-4-5-6-7-8...I wouldn't touch one.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

DownUnderDeville

I don't think many of us are averse to 69s, Fins...... :Muttley:

Fins

Quote from: DownUnderDeville on May 01, 2012, 02:21:28 AM
I don't think many of us are averse to 69s, Fins...... :Muttley:

I know where your mind is. The right place.

But honestly, I was talkin' cars.   :yes:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

guidematic

I like the '70 over the '69, but there is some predjudice there. "67-'68 were never a favourite, but I wouldn't refuse a nice '68 if one came my way cheap. I love the '62 and '64. '66's are cool too.

In the '71-'76, I like the '72 and the '75-'76 the most. Except for the '74 Talisman.

As far as Eldo's, the '68 is at the top. But I like the '71-'72. Not much of a fan of the later ones in that generation. However I have always had a soft spot for the '79-'85 Eldos.

Mike

DownUnderDeville

I've always liked the '67-'68s, but really only in sedan form. I dunno if it's the sheer length or what, but as a coupe they just look a bit out of proprotion to me.

'73-'76 Eldos are a huge favourite too, along with the Biarritz's up to '78. And obviously the '75-'76 sedans  ;D

But the daddy of 'em all IMO is the '58 Eldorado Brougham.

One of them, a Pace Car and a Talisman. That's all I ask. ::) and a Mark V Collectors Series

guidematic

Quote from: DownUnderDeville on May 01, 2012, 08:01:27 AM
I've always liked the '67-'68s, but really only in sedan form. I dunno if it's the sheer length or what, but as a coupe they just look a bit out of proprotion to me.

The '67-'68 Eldos were only available as a coupe. And to me their proportions are impeccable.

Mike

Fins

Like I said, it's all in what we like.

How many other people here would like a triple white '76 Sedan deVille with a slick top? It looks long and lean without the roof. Kind of like a modern day 6 window.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

guidematic

I love the '75-'76 Sedan deVilles. Especially silver with a red d'Elegance interior. Slick roof or a silver vinyl.  :yeah baby:

Those cars look just oh so right.

Mike

Fins

Gorgeous cars, but the silver didn't survive very long in the sun here. The clear coat clouded, then flaked off. Once the elements got to the base coat it was too late. Most all silver cars were repaints within a few years.

Once that 3yr/36k warranty was up, so was the paint.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

guidematic

They weren't base clear. The first car to use that paint process was the 1977 Lincoln Versailles. But the paint did last a lot longer here. I remember seeing nice original examples on the roads well into the late 80's. That's before the rust really got to them. Some were better preserved than others, though.

Mike