News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Metallic brown........paisley-pattern top.......

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

I'd park that baby in my driveway anytime.

It just needs a console with buckets to make it really stand out. But sweet none the less.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

EXCRUISERGUY

:yeah baby: :yeah baby: :yeah baby:

That car is gorgeous!!!!!!
I don't like the fact it has a 360 though. Maybe thats why it's in such nice shape, the owner couldn't afford 3 tanks of gas a day.

GJ

Fins

Slide a 440 in there. It's a bolt in job, and it'll get better fuel economy than the 360.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

That is a beauty! Looks very similar to the Sport Fury I had, formal top and all.

There was a confusing array of models at the of the Fury heap then. Soprt Fury, Sport Fury Brougham, Sport Fury GT, Gran Coupe.

But to call that 360 a ground pounder? It was an anemic POS that made not much more power than the 318. And they all had 2BBL carbs on them. With a 440 this car would be super desireable., even though the 360 was pretty rare in '71.

Mike

davecdv

Quote from: guidematic on June 24, 2012, 06:50:14 PM

But to call that 360 a ground pounder? It was an anemic POS that made not much more power than the 318.

Mike

I think he meant to say Gas Pounder, Mike. :Muttley:

Nice car though. :yes:

Tailfin Joe

I had a 71 Plymouth Sort Fury with the 383 , auto air AZ. car 33k bought it at a swap meet in 1990 for 1200.00 super straight I could not give the car away at the time ! ,how things have changed.
1970 Coupe Devile

guidematic

The 383 would have been just right.

It wasn't until later ion the 90's that the full sized cars began to command any interest. Now they are pretty hot commodities.

Mike