News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Need Eagle Eyes

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

Folks, I need a good look over and opinion on this car. He's been sitting on it a while and the price keeps dropping. It's 50 miles away and it really does look good. I've picked apart almost all of the pics. Click each pic for a very detailed picture. It doesn't appear that he's trying to hide anything.

But I do question the fit and finish of the right side. Say rear half?

What I really need to do is work out a visual appointment for it on Sunday morning. Then I think if worthy, that you put the correct amount of hundreds into his hand, he might walk away.

I say he's got $8500-$9000 into it, but i want to see it.

Worth looking at?

http://www.use.com/1975_CADILAC_ELDORADO_008d3ee785bcf2f48255?p=29&orig=c#photo=1
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Tailfin Joe

Fins go check it out how many times the pictures say one thing , but when you get there you'll know the real deal and if something doesn't look right or feel right pass on it because your love affair will soon end on a sour note, I went all the way from Ohio to Forida to buy a car and this was before the internet the pictures looked great but when I got there the car didn't even start and had rust I asked the guy before I shot and killed him when did you take these pictures ? , ten years ago! he said I thought you would make me  a offer  >:( >:(
1970 Coupe Devile

guidematic

Right, need to see it. The pics make it really hard to see potential defects. But I do see potential misalignment of the fillers and panels on the front. The left rear looks like the bumper has been pushed in.

A cheesy cheapo muffler shop exhaust system, Chinese tires(?), and WTF is with that steering wheel?

Whats the heavy black undercoating trying to hide?

Ueah, depends on what he's asking for it. It looks like the car had some issues, perhaps just mechanically with wear items and he has done the spit and polish on a budget to bring it up to a good saleable car. Overall it looks pretty nice, though.

I guess the love affair with Tinkerbell never ended, eh?

Mike

Geoff

That looks for all the world like a tear in the convertible top on the right side just behind the rear quarter window, and possibly one starting on the left side in the same place.  If so he has less in it than $8500/$9000, or he certainly should.  I don't like the steering wheel either (maybe he has the original which will no doubt be cracked), and the gauges under the dash look hokey.  The rest requires an up close and personal inspection, good luck.
Geoff
:pool:
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Jon

The front bumper looks like it's hanging a little low.
Dash pad might be warped.
passenger seat control is busted
The rear bumper rub strip is chewed up all over, especially the left tail light rubber strip

All in all, the pictures do present it as a very nice car.

Fins

Looks like I see what everyone else does. Bumpers, pitting everything, wipers don't park right, seat belts missing up front, no heat, A/C doubtful, additional wiring under the alternator, steering wheel, the exhaust is like that at the xover from the factory, but the Cat is missing, door panels redone, undercoating is the exact same spray pattern as mine was, top and window, hood pad and a bunch of little nit-picky things.

It would warrant a drive up there to look. It's not for me, it's for my buddy Mark. He's been drooling for a 68 Vert for years, but you just can't find them. So the next best is an Eldorado.

As for the price, I'm shooting from the hip sight unseen. He might just have 4 or 5 K into it and thought he could double his money.   :confused2:

But I appreciate the look see.   :yes:  Maybe we'll take a nice Sunday morning ride. I'll report back.  :chin:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Keeper

Fins,If he wants to "Settle" for an Eldo,Tell him to pay for what he really wants and get a 68 vert!If he really
has to get an eldo,get a 71/2 so it will still be valuable and not disposable.I know you loved your 76 but I drove
my $200 76 for a few months and it is cheap plasticky value engineered pos.I hate the power steering/brake
mess.The position of the cat burning the floor.,The fillers,The wipers,the door sag...1972 was the last year to
me and of course the Banks for the American Auto.

guidematic

Dunno. Maybe Trvlr can decipher.

Mike

Carfreak

You didn't understand what keeper said?

Just that 1972 is the last year he likes and the last year most banks will finance as a classic car. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

guidematic

Uh, OK. Now that you 'spalined it, it makes sense.  :yes:

Mike

Fins

He doesn't know the right people. I financed the Eldorado, nothing down and they took the full note. But again, I didn't buy junk.

I always use other people's money.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631