News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

'73 Coupe deVille parts.

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

I am soon to take my '73 Coupe deVille parts car to the scrap yard, there are a few parts left that might be of use to someone but not much.  No engine or tranny, no front seat and the mid-body trim is gone.  I do have most of the bottom stainless trim, the driveshaft, the complete Twilight Sentinel setup including the on/off/sensitivity switch, an AM/FM stereo radio with integral 8 track player.  Have not tested the radio, although I can if desired, but I have no way of testing the 8 track portion.  Plenty of nuts, bolts and some Cadillac specific hardware and wire connectors that could be cut out.  Have fender skirts also which are fair to good.  Good inner front fender liners --- none of it pretty, most is driver quality.  Also have a fair grille and some bumper parts that could be used as is but to be nice will need rechrome.
Contact me with questions by answering this post or PM.  

Edit:  Actually I DO have a TH 400 tranny but it will need a rebuild.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Carfreak

Did you ask @ the Mobo or MCLC?   

Tasshole might want you to do him a favor and salvage every nut, bolt, washer, etc then ship it to him.   :Muttley:
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Geoff

;D  Yes I did put it on the CLC and MCLC.  Nothing on the MCLC yet, have not checked the CLC.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

classic cruiser

Does it have a cruise control turn signal stalk? If so I need it.
coffee fueled-beer cooled

Geoff

No it does not, sorry.  Strangely enough as popular as Cruise was even back then neither the Caribou nor the parts car had that option, eventhough they both had the Twilight Sentinel option which I consider a big zero.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

guidematic

The Sentinal goodies would be of value to someone. Particularly the module. Thay are known to go bad.

Mike

Fins

I'm sure trvlr might speak up. That's what he has.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

trvlr480

I really don't need anything at this point in time and money is tight right now on top of that.

Fins

When you have the time, there is no money. When you have the money, there is no time.   :pull hair:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

Ueah, but I seem to be suffering from both afflictions right now.

If the Sentinal modules were the same as my '70 I would take them for spares. If I had some $$$. Remember, I scored the assembly from a car in the wreckers that was sitting there for possibly decades. And it worked when I installed it.

Mike

trvlr480

Quote from: Fins on December 03, 2012, 11:12:17 AM
When you have the time, there is no money. When you have the money, there is no time.   :pull hair:

Yep.  The only thing I have really wanted to get for the Caddy is the piece of sheet metal that bolts to the front of the right wheel well.  The inner rubber apron lays over the top of it.  It keeps all the water and gunk from constantly pressure washing the underside of the battery box and the wiring to the headlights and marker lights.   It also acts as a support (for lack of a better term) for the rubber apron in there.  Mine rusted off years ago and I doubt there are many left out there in good shape.  The one on the left side is in good shape though.

Geoff

Hmmmm, I'll have to look and see if the parts car has one in decent shape, trvlr, you may have it for the cost of shipping if you like if I have a decent one.  Might take a few days to find it though, work place is a mess right now but I'm slowly getting it back in shape.

:pool:

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

trvlr480

Quote from: Geoff on December 04, 2012, 03:25:16 AM
Hmmmm, I'll have to look and see if the parts car has one in decent shape, trvlr, you may have it for the cost of shipping if you like if I have a decent one.  Might take a few days to find it though, work place is a mess right now but I'm slowly getting it back in shape.

:pool:

OK, Goeff.  It's held on with two or three bolts on the front of the right wheel well.  Let me know.   Thanks.

Geoff

trvlr,

Just to be sure, this is the piece you need, correct?

Held on with 2 bolts and it is stapled to the front side of the rubber shield.  My plan is to cut the staples and remove the piece from what's left of the rubber, blast it and shoot some undercoat on it.  I will include some heavy stainless steel aircraft safety wire (I've got a bunch of it) that you can cut into smaller lengths and use as "staples".  That is how I affixed mine to my new fender rubber shields.

If that all is satisfactory, PM me your shipping address and I will let you know the shipping charges and get it sent to you.

Geoff    

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Denrep

Ueagh Geoff, that 8-track... if it has a face that jives with the rest of the Cadillac instrument panel,  rather than having sort of a generic fits-all look, I'd be alive for that.
In other words, a face appearance that's similar to an OE  Cadillac AM-FM.

However, I'm not so sure that an 8-track was built specifically for Cad,  :chin: that is, with a face that actually matched.
Since I've been checking the face detail, all the ones I've seen have a "generic" look, despite having been installed, if not by the factory,  then at least in the car's dealership days.

Thanks in advance for checkin' it
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!