News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper

This guy has a kinda nice 67 Eldo which of course I always check any Eldo guys other items and Here is a 2 door!
Looks like a ton of work left to do Huh?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Other-COUPE-2-DOORS-1959-CADILLAC-S62-COUPE-2DR-PINK-/251185263841?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a7bcef4e1#ht_228839wt_962

Carfreak

Nice solid floors!!!

Dang I just don't like the straight out the back exhaust pipes.  Looks so much better tucked up nice and out of sight. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Geoff

Not enough pictures

And I don't care what Denrep says, I don't want a pink car!   ;D  Usually when a '59 gets painted pink it is with a brush or roller and that is the last paint job before the car hits the junkyard not many months later. 

Poor '59s, I think they suffer more indignities than any other car out there.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Fins

Pink or not, while it in the disassembled phase the way it is, it would be easy to do a strip and respray of the car. Although it looked to be Persian Sand from the factory. I'd have to look up the 49-12 paint code. CF probably knows them by heart.   :doh:

And there are a lot of bits and pieces that I'd like to relieve him of. And odd to see an intact horn ring too. That's worth a G-note right there.

But looking at the ad made me think it has to be a great undertaking to restore one of these cars. There are so many little bits and pieces to account for. I guess unless you have the space and can devote full time to it, it would sit on the garage floor for a looooooooooooooooooong time.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

trvlr480

Years ago, back when I was painting I knew the guy who painted Liberace's red,white and blue Rolls that sits in that 'Vegas car collection.  He restored a '59 Eldo Barritz Convertible one time.  It was so perfect it sold for $100,000.  He spent 1000 hours on it and it cost him around $50,000 out of pocket money at the time.  He refused to pay $1000 for the oil skin cover that covers the convertible top when it's retracted until he realized he didn't have a choice.  I think I remember him telling me he and his brother knocked out Liberace's Rolls in a weekend working day and night sleeping on the floor right there in the shop.

Yeah, doing a real nice restore on anything takes a real loooooooong time.

Gary

Jumpin Jiminy, Batman, that has the potential to be a eye-wateringly beautiful restoration.

But, "There are so many little bits and pieces to account for. I guess unless you have the space and can devote full time to it, it would sit on the garage floor for a looooooooooooooooooong time."

I don't have enough years left to complete the assembly of a "kit" car of that magnitude.

Gary
When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.

Tailfin Joe

That the color combo brings back some memories , a friend of my father bought a 59 flat top with the same color combo , and it was a beater , it was a three -tone rust pink and white , but the guy really loved that car and he drove it till the fins rusted off !
1970 Coupe Devile