News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

1925 Buick parts

Previous topic - Next topic

Xris

A friend asked me to ask around , thought I'd start off here .The Grandmother allowed the grandkids to play in the Buick , grandfather not impressed ,kids lost the only key .

Any idea where to get a new blank ? ( or three )  Yale Lock .
and he also needs  " the dogbone " for the radiator cap ? Not sure if that's right ,  :confused2: but it may make sense to you guys .  

Geoff

My first inclination is to look in eBay Motors.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Geoff

A picture of a '25 Buick, you can see what he means by the dogbone for the radiator cap.  Probably have to replace the whole cap.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Xris

Thanks Geoff , now it makes sense .

Carfreak

I'd recommend also try posting @ the AACA.org forum in the General Buy/Sell and/or the Buick Buy/Sell.     

http://forums.aaca.org/f117/
http://forums.aaca.org/f119/

VMCCA members have a lot of Buicks, too.  Not sure how to post a classified:    http://vmcca.org/

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Xris

I've been looking at the U.S. Buick sites today , made a couple of enquires ,but am going to find out exactly what model it is ,before posting on the club sites .

guidematic

Be sure to note the country of origin with the car. Remember Buicks were built under licence in Canada by McLaughlin before it became GMoC. And no doubt there will be some differences between it and the American counterparts.

If the car was imported when new, it likely came from Canada, part of the commonwealth and not subject to the insane taxes and tariffs.

Mike