News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Wanted passenger mirror for my 1962.

Previous topic - Next topic

62 driver

I know it didn't come with it. You can't see out of it.  But I want it to balance out the car. Anyone know of one?  Thanks Dave

Fins

I wanted one for the same reasons........then I saw the price.  :yikes:

It'll hang around for another 54 year without a mirror.  :yes:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

Ditto for my '70. Unless I find one on the cheap, it will live on without one. $500 for a decent mirror is stupid money.

Mike

Jon

Me 4 on the Wildcat. The only reason I want it is for when I'm backing the car into it's spot in the driveway. I have to get it as close as possible to the stairs leading up to my deck which of course is on the passenger side.

guidematic

Jon, do you remember those cheap plastic mirrors that Crappy Tire used to sell way back in the 80's? You'd screw them right to the sheet metal with the supplied sheet metal screws. But within a year, the chrome would be flaking off and the mirror would turn green.

I remember seeing a lot of cars around with them, or just 2 holes in the door where the screws were.

Mike

Fins

$500 for the '70 is cheap. Go price one for the '59.  :yikes: Be it NOS or aftermarket clones.

I'll mount a piece of mirror on a pole and stick it out the window first. A new windshield for my car is cheaper.  :chin:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Jon

Quote from: guidematic on February 22, 2013, 03:40:19 PM

Jon, do you remember those cheap plastic mirrors that Crappy Tire used to sell way back in the 80's? You'd screw them right to the sheet metal with the supplied sheet metal screws. But within a year, the chrome would be flaking off and the mirror would turn green.

I remember seeing a lot of cars around with them, or just 2 holes in the door where the screws were.

Mike

I only saw half of the 80's and what part I did see was not spent going to Canadian Tire.

guidematic

I remember seeing them well into the 90's when there were still an abundance of single mirror 70's and 80's cars on the road. They were rectangular and somewhat imitated a 60's Ford unit.

Mike

Carfreak

Quote from: Fins on February 22, 2013, 03:58:59 PM
$500 for the '70 is cheap. Go price one for the '59.  :yikes: Be it NOS or aftermarket clones.

I'll mount a piece of mirror on a pole and stick it out the window first. A new windshield for my car is cheaper.  :chin:

At one time they were being offered as a repro from McVey. 
Still have one brand new, in the box - think paid $125 for it 20 some years ago.
Wonder if its still shiny?   :chin:
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Fins

Quote from: CarFreak on February 22, 2013, 06:28:18 PM
Quote from: Fins on February 22, 2013, 03:58:59 PM

At one time they were being offered as a repro from McVey. 
Still have one brand new, in the box - think paid $125 for it 20 some years ago.
Wonder if its still shiny?   :chin:

:pot: :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot:

Even though they are useless, they make the car look right.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

thebig429

For 1964 if you had one it didn't work for the driver. It was meant for the passenger I was told by a few that have them. I think the pro cars were positioned forward more.pyro?
Cadillac Radio
Classic rock from the 60s - 90s
triplecitiesclassicrock.weebly.com/
-------------------------------

Fins

Ueah...They were mounted out on the fenders where you could see them, and not the doors.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Carfreak

59 (and 60) are generally still on the doors. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

guidematic

Ditto for the '70. Mounted on the door. They were standard on the Seventy Fives and CC's as far as I know.

Mike

Russ

I pieced my together for my 63, from 2 broken sets.  As far as the CC goes, it depended on the coach maker. Some were on the fender, some wer on the door. I like to look of the fender myself.
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD