News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Emblems crests and Vees - some NOS

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Jon

One of the reasons I like Chester is that we're almost the same age.

Tailfin Joe

Who looks better for their age ?, you or chester .
1970 Coupe Devile

Jon

After the re-paint last summer, Chester without a doubt.

EXCRUISERGUY

Quote from: CarFreak on April 04, 2013, 12:25:17 AM
Quote from: EXCRUISERGUY on March 31, 2013, 04:54:45 PM

Let me know if you come across the crest and wreath for a 93-96 trunk lid.

GJ

Like this or something different? 

Something different.
That one is for a 90's Deville. The 93-96 Fleetwood looks like the lock cover on the 80's cars.
I just broke down and bought a new Wreath and crest from GM parts direct for 150 clams.

Fins

Quote from: Jon on April 04, 2013, 01:49:46 PM
I'm still in my 20's

Holy sheep-shit. I thought you were an old fart like the rest of us. Turns out you're just a punk kid.  :yikes: I wish I was in my 20's again. Early 20's. Damn, would I do things differently.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Jon

I've still got most of a year before I'm 30.  I've heard it all goes down hill from there.

Speaking of the rest of my life.   I've got a 2 hr interview with a company in Mississauga Ontario tomorrow that could very well decide where I'll be for the next few decades. I've worked with this company before and they are fantastic to their employees. The team I would be joining does the same kind of work that I do now only minus all the bullshit that comes with being in academia. It's a global consulting engineering company and the department that I'm interviewing for is a specialized department that deals with the crazy complex stuff that everyone else gives up on. So if a company has a problem that they can't figure out, or if they have a design issue that they ABSOLUTELY NEED DONE RIGHT, this department is called in to do the work.

If you watch the show HOUSE,  it's kind of like the engineering version of his group.

Fins

I like HOUSE. In doses. In a way it's like NCIS. A group input to achieve the same end result. And the cast of both shows seems to work well together. Very fluid.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Geoff

"I've still got most of a year before I'm 30.  I've heard it all goes down hill from there."

:rotfl:  Geeeez, give me a break.  You wanna see downhill?  Wait 'til you turn 70!  And you better take care of yourself at that.

:pool: 
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Fins

Like I said, Geoff. Punk kid.  :Muttley: I've been married near that long.

Downhill hell. It only gets better.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

guidematic

Good deal Jon! I wish you all the luck in that! The firm that the engineers turn to get stuff done they can't figger out. A good feather in your cap.

House? I've never bothered to watch it. Nor NCIS etc etc. I absolutely hate prime time network TV.

Mike

Jon

Hopefully it goes well. Naturally I couldn't get any sleep last night so I'm  :sleepy:

Carfreak

We closed the bar last night, got home about 12:30 but of course can't fall asleep right away. 
And  :censored: alarm went off @ 6am so me too  :sleepy:
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Geoff

All kidding aside, good luck with that interview, Jon.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation