News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

550 Bulb

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Carfreak

I've got one with your name on it Geoff. 

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Geoff

Wonderful!  Thank you.  Have check, will send.   ;D 
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Carfreak

Buy me a  :pepsi: in Boston and we're good. 

Geoff

Deal!  Thank you again very much.
Geoff

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

guidematic

Finally got here catching up. Those bulbs were also used quite extensively for dome lamps, with and without the caps on them. That may help in locating a new one. They may have a different number, but should work just fine. Different numbers usually relate to varying candlepower, so make sure that if you do find one it's not too bright because it may melt the lense.

Mike

Carfreak

Got a whole bunch with caps; some pointy, some stubby but only the one 550 bulb Geoff needs.

guidematic

I've even pulled off the caps when in need.

Is the 550 bulb unique in length?

Mike

Fins

The 550 is of a 'bubble' design. I have all the ones that you're thinking of, but not, that one and only, 550.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

Quote from: guidematic on April 20, 2013, 09:43:45 PM

I've even pulled off the caps when in need.

Is the 550 bulb unique in length?

Mike

I was wondering the same thing yesterday when I grabbed the one bulb on my way to work. 

Here's the answer.   :whoo-hoo:

guidematic

I see.. :chin: We are thinking the same then.

Mike

Carfreak

Yep!!! Geoff's gonna owe me TWO  :pepsi:   

Fins

Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Geoff

:doh:  This is getting expensive now.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Fins

Just think if it were me Geoff. You'd go into bankruptcy at The Captain's.  :Muttley:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631