News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

1958 Series Seventy Five

Previous topic - Next topic

guidematic

I was just on the phone with Steve Plunkett. He was asking me if I would be interested in buying his 1958 Series Seventy Five. I had to decline, but told him I would put out the word. The reason he is selling it is that it does need some work, primarily in the undercarriage area, and he has bought another that needs very little work. However the body is quite solid. Plus the car is complete, everything is there. Some of you that have been to one of his shows may have seen the car sitting about his property, and he has had it on display at times. It's the white one.

He is letting it go for $2,000, really a good deal.

He should be sending me some pictures of the car and I will post them when I get them.

If interested, you can call him and he will explain the car in more detail. His number is 519-657-9040.

Mike

Jon

Damn,   if he were selling it a year from now,   I most likely would be interested.

guidematic

Well, buy it now and stuff it away for a year.  :chin:

Mike

Jon

:rotfl:  That's the problem.  No place to put it and we're saving our pennies for our move next spring.  I'm making sure that whatever place we buy will have room for such toys. The back yard at the current place may be ok for cars destined for the great highway in the sky or my truck, but I wouldn't put anything I cared much about back there.

Fins

By undercarriage issues you mean........??

As in needing framework?
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

EXCRUISERGUY

The only one I can think of is black.

Fins

If he's letting that go for $2k, I'll book the carrier tomorrow.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

Don't recall this year, but in 2011 there were a couple unrestored cars in the dirt floor / vendor barn. 
I forget if one was a 58 75 or not. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

guidematic

I've seen the '58 75 sitting in the barn, outside and a few other places about. It is the white one. And yes, it is rusty underneath. He thinks it may need a rear frame clip, which he salvaged off another car.

If you're interested, give him a call. $2k is cheap for this car in any condition.

I found a pic of it in my archives.

Mike