News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Wheelcovers

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

I was given these Cadillac wheelcovers.  Don't know what year they are from.  Free to a Misfit that wants them plus shipping (about $20.00).  They are dirty, 2 have excellent Cadillac medallions, 2 have medallions that have lost their color.  1 has the wreath JB welded in place but it is solidly there.  1 has a slight chip out of a "turbine blade" (see last pic.), other than that they are scratch and dent free, should clean up pretty good.  If no takers I will post them on the MOBO for $40, plus shipping.  After that --- to da dump.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

guidematic

Those are off '74-'76 Fleetwoods, the standard wheel cover. I think they were also used on the '77-'79 Fleetwoods. They were optional on deVilles in at least 1984 but without the wreath. I had them on the '84 CDV I once had.

I was thinking of putting them on the '87 Brougham (the ones I saved from the '84).

Jon also has them on his '85 Fleetwood Brougham. Jon, if you want them, you get first dibs. Otherwise I'd be happy to take them off your hands, Geoff!

Mike

Geoff

OK, we'll wait for Jon, shipping to Canada might be a little more.  Thanks.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Jon

:yeah baby:
I want!

I'll PM you my details.

Jon

The ones I have on the car right now are for the deville (exactly the same but don't have the wreaths).  Since Chester's a fleetwood, I've been keeping an eye out for the wreaths for a while.
You rock Geoff!

Fins

Nothing some 0000 steel wool won't polish out. That and some finger work. That stuff is a miracle worker to me.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Geoff

:thumbup:  I answered your PM, Jon.  Should have them in the mail to you tomorrow.  Should I just label themas auto parts on the dec. form?

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

guidematic

Awesome. Glad you got them Jon!

Mike

Jon

Quote from: Geoff on October 29, 2013, 01:42:48 AM
:thumbup:  I answered your PM, Jon.  Should have them in the mail to you tomorrow.  Should I just label themas auto parts on the dec. form?

Auto parts is fine.

Just don't use UPS,  they like to charge extra hidden fees when the package arrives if they have to cross the border.
FEDEX or USPS should be fine,  which ever is easier for you.

Geoff

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Fins

Price pound for pound, you can't beat the post office. As much as I hate them sometimes, compared to the others, it's a whole lot cheaper and just as fast.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Russ

Fed ex would be cheaper
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Russ

Doh,  :hammer:  we posted at the same time.  For large box's, seems usps is more expensive.  Great thing about the web, is you can check the pricing. Just need the weight and dimensions.
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

guidematic

I have a wheel coming for Rene (there's a story) from the US via UPS. I hope they don't ding him when it gets there. It was the seller's preferred method.

Mike  :yikes:

Mike

Carfreak

They, UPS, probably will hit him for Customs Clearing fees unless he specified otherwise.

I don't use FedEx unless absolutely the only option. Too many bad experiences.

It can be a toss up on prices between UPS & USPS. As soon as you start shipping UPS in any amount of volume you get a discount.

Ever hear that saying 'good, cheap or fast, pick two'? 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.