News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

another 64 Trumpet Horn for sale!

Previous topic - Next topic

62 driver

This is a real 1964 (only year) Eldorado Trumpet Horn for sale.  It is stamped with the part # 896 12V. It is in very nice condition with no dents. It has it original mounting brackets. The one on the end and the one clamp it the middle. It works like it should. You will not find another one for sale unless someone is parting a 1964 Eldorado that has one, which is not likely. They made repop right hand mirror but never repoped the Trumpet Horn. Price for that $50,000 car that is missing the horn! $450. + shipping. or on eBay starting at $300.   Email at nogas2day@gmail.com

Jon

:chin:  the wording on this e-mail sounds strangely familiar.

Russ

Its the same price, as all the other forums.  Whats the Misfit price??
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Fins

It should be. He finds the horn and resells it. Just like anyone else does. The last one never went above asking price. So he didn't make a killing, but it sold and he made a few $$$ for monitoring his ebay account and the forum B/S boards.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

I thought he was still in search of a 61-62 Eldo horn for his son's car.  
IIRC, his last post was about buying a horn and waiting to see what year it is.  Evidently NOT a 61-62.  

In the interim, covering costs and helping to support the Cadillac habit.   :banana:  
That's how we started selling parts; bought whole cars to get what we needed and sold the leftover pieces to recoup our investment.  
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Jon

hmmm.   Why does it show me as making a second post quoting myself?   :confused2:  I didn't do that.

Fins

You must have. Two different times from the original and the duplicate and you were on at that time.

Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Jon

:confused2:  I read the thread after Pyro's post,  but that was it.

Oh wait,   I know what happened.   I had hit "modify" post and changed "e-mail" to "ad"    I guess since Pyro had already posted,  the software turned my modify into a repost with a quote for some reason.

62 driver

Yes I am still looking for the 61-62 horn. And yes my last horn went for the asking price of $200 but I paid $55. for it. I keep buying them and check the parts numbers for the 61-62 one I need. I will buy parts and swap them with mine if mine are worse.  Chrome is expensive and I just want a nice driver.  My wife says it a game with me and I should stop it! 

Fins

If it keeps you entertained and doesn't cost you anything, what's the problem. It reads like you're making money to me. Maybe not any great amounts, but making beats losing anyday?
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

62 driver

O I buy more parts than I sell. Just ask the wife.  She knows. I tell her all the time, the profits made on horns offsets the eBay buying.

Fins

Just tell her. Hey Sweetie, I could be at the tittie bar with the boys. Instead, like a good man, I'm home with my wife.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Russ

Quote from: Fins on January 30, 2014, 11:16:04 AM
Just tell her. Hey Sweetie, I could be at the tittie bar with the boys. Instead, like a good man, I'm home with my wife.

That's what I tell my wife. I quit going too the bars, and play with the cars.
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Clink

Quote from: Denrep on January 30, 2014, 03:53:30 PM
:beer: :keyboard: "In the bars where the men they  play guitars
Singin'  drinkin' and remembering the time. . ."   :music2:  :vil-music:  :dance-alfred; :moonwalk: :waa: :tuba:

:Muttley:
Hey! Want to hear a funny story..... :yes:.........on our last turkey hunt at my friend's PJ's, a few day ago, my friend Weasel and LSU college roommate, told me a story about PJ (retired attorney now).  It was when we were hanging out in bars in our teens.  Seems PJ was with this chick and she lost a charm from her bracelet. It was found by PJ's mother when she went to wash his draws! :yikes: :Muttley: :Muttley: :Muttley:

Clink