News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

'33 LaSalle on eBay

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

;D  http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/321312067574

Maybe I should up the insurance coverage on Big Red a notch.
:pool:
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Carfreak

You could watch and see if / how much it sells for...
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Fins

To start with I'l say it's a beautiful car in the pictures. However, I wouldn't call it a restoration. A restoration would be bringing it back to factory, no? I'd call it a street rod.

Either way, it would be more than welcome to sit in my garage.  :yes:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Geoff

Call it a resto-mod.
I will be watching the auction.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Fins

Okay. I couldn't remember the proper term.

And yes, I would see about upping Big Red's agreed value. It's just as nice or nicer and it's all Cadillac.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Otto Skorzeny

No offense but I can't see anybody paying $175,000 for that car.  Generally resto mods/ hot rods sell for less than they they cost to build.  Same with restored cars.  You lose your ass on them unless you do everything yourself and it's a Ferrari or '57 Chevy.

What do you have yours insured for now, Geoff?  Did Hagerty or whomever send anyone out to look at it or check your receipts?

Geoff

All Hagerty wanted was a bunch of pictures and a brief description, no inspection, no copies of receipts.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Tailfin Joe

I like Hagerty easy to deal with no problems I used state farm one time for one car what a PITA they said they would not insure it because the front bench seat had a tear and two rips and it was a 67 Ford Galaxy and said it was not a collectable car because of the seat!
1970 Coupe Devile