News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Carb parts needed

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

Does anyone have a set of main jets for an AFB? These are the brass jets that screw into the lower body section of the carb. Mine are shall we say...stuffed and it wouldn't take a lot to change them out.

If not, then I may just go with a new Edelbrock, instead of trying to make 50+ year old stuff work like new.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Fins

I guess I need to research the size before asking an open ended question such as I did.  :doh:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Russ

I have a set of nos carter .098
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Fins

Thanks Pyro. Let me look into what the proper size is. There are about 6 different sets and the increments are so small it may or may not matter to the application. I don't want it to run lean, but at the same time like DuD, I'm putting soot on the ground now because of their excessive wear.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

classic cruiser

You may need a set of metering rods also, Fins.
coffee fueled-beer cooled

guidematic

Can't you buy them I sets?

Mike

Russ

Be sure to take the metering rods out of the piston, and check for wear. The rods wear where they go into the piston. Good news is, you can get new metering rods and jets now.  Edelbrock just started making the .098 jets.
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Otto Skorzeny

Did you already check with Daytona?