News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

1958 Brougham on eBay

Previous topic - Next topic

The Pope

Love the copy on this one. Says a lot about our hobby in general. Have decided that I don't really want one. Would want a frame-off restoration for reliability (certainly a new wiring harness) and that would be a trailer queen.

I don't see driving a perfect car around Atlanta. I also heard, from the top Brougham guy, about constant maintenance issues. In 1958 they suggested that these cars have major maintenance every 2500 miles and I don't think that number has improved with age!

But fun to read about

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-Eldorado-Brougham-1958-Cadillac-Eldorado-Brougham-1-of-304-215-000-In-Restoration-receipts-/121410640576?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c44a35ac0&item=121410640576&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
Pope Bill :pope:

20 tons of Blessed Mid-Century chrome, steel and leather.

Geoff

That is Marv (luvdg), he fits in the same category as Frank Nicodemus, don't know which one is worse. He has changed his eBay name (used to be luvdg) and that is still part of his email address, I believe he has other names he sells under also.  One Brougham you definitely do not want is one from Marv or even one brokered by Marv (Feldman?). 

They hashed this car over at the MOBO (and luvdg as well) a while ago.   :No: 
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Otto Skorzeny

I thought that's who was selling this car!  I couldn't remember his new handle.

Bill, if you thought Frank Nicodemus was bad, you ain't seen nuthin' yet!

Fins

Friedman. DOCTOR Marvin Friedman. He holds a Doctorate  in thievery.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

:ha ha:   :LOL:  

I've met both and wouldn't trust either one.  
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Fins

I met only one and that was enough.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Geoff

"Friedman. DOCTOR Marvin Friedman"

Oh ueah, Friedman.  I really have to do better at remembering his name.   :rotfl:  
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

The Pope

Thanks for the warnings! He sure can write.
Pope Bill :pope:

20 tons of Blessed Mid-Century chrome, steel and leather.

Geoff

A real bullsh*t artist at his best. 
:pool:

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Fins

You should see him in person. He stumbles over himself trying to make the car sound good.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Carfreak

And his herd of little dogs.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.