News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Barris Bugazzi for sale

Previous topic - Next topic

Carfreak

Ueah never did like Furds. Vaguely remember dad's 60 sunliner and his 66? Econoline for work.

Clearly recall telling the neighbor kid our 68 CADILLAC was better than his parents' station wagon (Country Squire).
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Otto Skorzeny

Funny how the Squire will fetch more than the Cadillac today, though.

guidematic

So will a Chevy II. So what's that say? That it's better?

Mike

Carfreak

Funny you should mention Cheby II; that's what mom drove.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Otto Skorzeny

Or a Mustang, Bronco, Camaro, Chevelle, etc. ad infinitum.  It's just interesting that Cadillacs in general are fair to middlin' when it comes to desirability by enthusiasts.

guidematic

Nothing wrong with that. Yes, there are a lot of big dollar Cadillacs, but low prices mean that they are easier to enjoy. I hope it stays that way for a long time. All the others can spend the big bucks on the cheaper cars all they want.

Mike

Fins

Quote from: guidematic on February 15, 2015, 11:43:24 PM

I don't dislike all Fords. Besides a boxy Cadillac is better looking than a tacky designer Mark.

Mike

This argument could go on til the cows come home. The facts are, it all boils down to a persons opinion. You keep you shoe box and I'll drive the Lincoln. You'll be happy and so will I.

That said, I like Cadillac up until 1977 when they went small. The spaciousness of a 76 Fleetwood or Sedan just screams comfort and room to move. Lincolns were just as big but I'd still rather have the Cadillac. I've had all three types of cars. It's a simple matter of personal preference. That's why there are multiple makes and styles of cars.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

It could. Styling is very subjective. I really love the big pre-downsized cars, but the boxy Cadillacs are still quite practical for everyday use. Plus they are still quite large inside and have cavernous trunks.

Mike

Fins

A trunk is one thing my Eldorado simply does not have. With the full sized spare in there, 2 car show chairs and the hard and soft boots, it's packed full.

But it does have that 20 foot hood on it.  :yeah baby: :yes:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

As much as I love them, I could never own an Eldorado of this vintage for that reason. Their use of space is horrific. Tiny trunk and a back seat that can barely accommodate anyone.

Besides, I have that heroically long hood on the `70. Plus a huge interior and a cavernous trunk. That works for me.

Mike

Denrep

I'm thinking that the trunk space difference is illusion or perception.  :chin:
I'd almost bet my Misfit registration that there isn't a six-pack's difference between '70 Dev and "Fly" Eldo trunk space.
...and since a case would nicely rest on the Eldo's flat tunnel-less floor, that didn't matter.  :rotfl:

Fly Eldo  trunk  'clearance' spec is easy to remember, at 13.6'.
How 'bout the '70 luggage space specs, what'd Cad say for them?   :read:
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

guidematic

70 Fleetwood is 19.5 cu ft if I remember right. What is it in the 71 -78 Eldo?

19.5 on the boxies too. 21 on the 93 - 96 if memory serves me right.

Mike

Denrep

Ueagh, but going by memory just opens this to more speculation.  :confused2:
Someone must have O-fficial '69 '70 data?

Eldo '72 is 13.6, per Cadillac/AMA data.
Not that I track such things, but that's an easy figure to remember in the States.
Probably didn't change much through the '78 run.
Maybe with the compact spare?  :chin:
Any Eldo spare wheel has a deep offset, so flipping it over frees up that circular space; not sure if Cadillac calculated same.
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

guidematic

I'll have to dig. I have all the info somewhere. And those numbers won't be far off if at all. 13.6 cu ft is pretty small, though.

Mike

guidematic

Quick search through brochures. The boxies, 19.5. 93 - 96, 21.1. No quick find on the 1970.

Mike