News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Barris Bugazzi for sale

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

El Paso on that deal. I know an Eldorado ain't got sh*t for room back there.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

And you don't need hard numbers, calculations or buckets of water to tell that.

Mike

Fins

Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Denrep

Hand me that horse whip, we ain't done here yet.  :rotfl:

Quote from: guidematic on February 17, 2015, 11:09:54 PM

And you don't need hard numbers, calculations or buckets of water to tell that.

Yah you do.  :hammer:
Let's get the tape measures out.

They were  made to the same ol' "envelope" out of the same ol' stuff... how much difference can there be?  :confused2:

We've got supposedly 13.6 for Eldo.
One of these days I'll  measure one to confirm that.
What say? We measure from seat-panel to tail-panel and quarter to quarter and floor to deck, and then compare notes?

Like I said, appearances aside, I'll bet we won't find a beer case of difference.
In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Eldo rear  pan is even the same basic stamping as used with  RWD.  :chin:

...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Fins

There will also be a difference in the non-convertible trunk. You lose the entire upper deck with a vert. Anything placed there either will break the glass or prevent the top from going down all of the way. You also need to take in account space saver spares or full sized spares when calculating usable space.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Denrep

Right, and right.

With convertibles there's a top-down and top-up AMA number.
I'm not sure how the spare is calculated, we'd have to compare years when it was available to not.
Or maybe the spec is without spare?  :chin:
We'll have to check the specs' specs.  :read:

I would think rear AC would subtract space too.

Jon

Quote from: Denrep on February 17, 2015, 04:34:03 PM
http://www.dimensionsinfo.com/beer-case-dimensions/
QuoteThe typical US beer case dimensions are 16 x 16 x 24 inches. Beer cases of this size usually hold 24 bottles or cans of beer. . . .

1.33 x 1.33 x 2.0 = 3.54 cf.  :confused2:

Wow, that would be huge, I don't buy it for a second.
I just measured a 24 bottle case and got 9" high, 10-1/4" wide and 15-1/4" long = 0.81 cf. But then of course our Canadian bottles are 341mL instead of 355 mL.

Denrep

Those dimensions would "case" only bottles of less than 2.5" diameter.
Is that typical up north?

Jon

Yup, that's the standard. If they were any wider they would be like a stubby and would be shorter.

Your beer bottles are not much different.
24 beers is ~0.3 cf of liquid, packaging that in anything larger than 1cf would be such a waste of space.

guidematic

No way do you need to measure. Just look. I noted the sizes of the boxies, that`s from the brochure. 6-6 1/2 cu ft bigger. That`s a fair amount.

Mike

Denrep

Won't cost us anything to measure. Then we can use our own known accurate data.

The "boxies" are a different animal.
I thought we were comparing contemporaries, of the late '60s early '70s era - Mark, Eldo, RWD...

Of those, I'm still of the opinion that Eldo and RWD Cad end up neckNneck.
They're cut from the same cloth, I don't see how there could be any great difference.  :confused2:

guidematic

Different bodies. E body and C body.

There is no way the trunk in the Eldo is as big as the trunk in my '70. Or that of the trunk of the '75 CDV I had.

Mike

Denrep

Sure, technically  E and C are classified as different platforms.
But practically, they were thrifty reworks of  shared parts.
They're more like two subspecies of the same basic components.
And not just hidden basic parts, even plainly visible exterior components were shared between E and C.  :confused2:

Which brings us back to trunk space...
Being of shared components, similar dimensions, ''foot prints"  silhouettes, etc., I don't see how there could be a significant difference.  :confused2:

Guess we'll hafta break out the tape measures some day.

guidematic

I don't care enough about the whole deal anymore to do that.

Mike