News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Caribou

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Otto Skorzeny

I can't believe it, Geoff.  I couldn't do that.

Fins

The wife wins over all of it. 

But you can only have so many cars to drive, unless you have unlimited funds.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Otto Skorzeny

At least now you have an excuse not to remodel the house.  You have nothing to haul supplies in!

So Big Red is now your daily driver!  Good deal.

Fins

Yeah, thinking about it, aside of the PT, I don't recall a daily driver there.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Otto Skorzeny

He has a PT Loser?  That must be the wife's.  Should sell that thing and keep the Caribou.  Of course you couldn't finance the Jag project for very long with the proceeds from the sale of a PT.  (better than a Chevy HHR, though)

Geoff

I bought this in November of 2013 for $1100 to use as a beater.  '93 Ford Ranger 'Splash" 4 WD, 4.0 V-6, automatic and just about every option you could get on a Ranger --- AC (nice and cold but leaking heater core which is now replaced), P. Windows (didn't work), P. Door Locks ( pass. side didn't work), P. Mirrors (didn't work), electric 4 wheel drive selector (still doesn't work, I don't need it), cruise control (doesn't work but it will one day) --- and an engine miss (P.O. said it was just a spark plug --- it wasn't).  Don't think the Ranger ever saw the inside of a garage, the roof was rusty, as was the hood --- got that fixed, see pics, but the interior was quite nice.  

The engine miss turned out to be a bad injector which required some disassembly just to get to it and while there I painted the rusty valve covers and replaced the leaky valve cover gaskets.  Power windows now work (bad switch), P. door locks now work (replaced the bad actuator with a universal one I had lying around), P. Mirrors now work (bad switch), heater core is replaced.  Front end alignment and 2 new tires and it is a decent but TERRIBLE riding little truck.  

Oh yeah, lifted the bed off to replace the gas tank sending unit and the oddball rubber fill hose that was leaking.  Much easier to lift up the bed than it would have been to drop the gas tank.  Also did a do-it-yourslef spray-in bedliner.    

So, I do have something to run around town in but I used the Caribou for longer distances and clean clothes riding, guess I'll have to borrow the Jaguar now (if it ever gets done).
:confused2:  

Yes, the PT is Jan's car, it will probably go to our oldest grandaughter when the Jag is done.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Otto Skorzeny

Those Rangers are good trucks.  Plastic exterior bed on the Splash, right?  Good job on it, too.

Fins used to own the Mazda version.

Geoff

;D  Also had to replace the starter solenoid.  You'll see in the interior shot below a screwdriver in the cup holder, that was how I started it until I replaced the solenoid.

Pic. #1 The interior

Pic. #2  How I got it home from Melbourne, FL   :'(

Plastic fenders, steel bed. 

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Geoff

How I got the Jaguar home from Connecticut too, here getting ready to leave upstate New York after picking up the Jag.
Double  :'(

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Russ

You can keep the memories.  There is always more cars to discover.
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Otto Skorzeny

Quote from: pyro on November 05, 2015, 02:22:21 AM
You can keep the memories.  There is always more cars to discover.

Ya, but he won't have anything to tow them home with.

Geoff

;D 
I can get a Class III hitch for the Ranger --- whaddaya think?   :doh:

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Otto Skorzeny

If you start collecting Austin Healy Sprites and Crosleys, no problem!

Fins

I won't badmouth my little Mazda version. 200K on the clock when I sold it and it's still going. It had all the options of the Splash and that 4.0 pulled good. I put a full pallet of sod in that bed and drove it 30 miles home. Touching the frame when you ran over a line in the road, but it pulled that 1 ton with no worries.

I've put 1.5 tons in the back of the F150 and it didn't even take the arc out of the springs. Although on both loads, I did spread out the weight through the entire bed area.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631