News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

'34 Cadillac

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

The car looks to be in decent shape, but is about as ugly a color combination as I could imagine.  Plenty of "potential" though.

1934 Cadillac - $25,000 FIRM

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5335383033.html

:pool:
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Carfreak

Wiw!  That is truly fugly.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Otto Skorzeny

Beautiful car.  Colors aren't my cup of tea but I've seen uglier.   $25K seems like a decent price.  What say you, Geoff?

I think the brown roof detracts from the other so/so color.  I lighter cream would accent better I think.

Fins

Solid black or solid white, fits this car. Either way, lot's of potential. Lot's of money too.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Geoff

"$25K seems like a decent price.  What say you, Geoff?"

I say that is more than double what I paid for my running and driving '35 with a freshly overhauled original engine and a new clutch.  Badly in need of new wiring, a new interior, and paint.  Not enough pictures to make any kind of a real price guess but the '34 certainly needs paint, probably also needs to be rewired if it hasn't been and no idea on the interior.

Pics of Big Red before he became Big Red while still at the p.o.'s home.   

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red

Otto Skorzeny

That's beautiful.

What did you do with the engine, headlights and wheels?

Geoff

Complete drivetrain, front to back (and radiator), went to a Limo restorer in western Canada.  He flew to Florida, bought a used Chevy van and a smallish trailer here, loaded up and headed back to the west coast and Canada.  Slept in the van on a thin mattress on top of the parts in the van.  A picture below, looking at it reminds me that the buyer actually bought 2 trailers and, as you can see, disassembled one and toted it back in the other.  Engine and transmission in the trailer, rear end and miscellaneous in the van

The 5 wheels went to Europe, don't remember the country now.  The headlight buckets are still on the car, converted to modern Halogen lights, the old headlight lenses went to a collector in upstate New York --- not far from Poughkeepsie.  

1935 Cadillac - Big Red