News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Right Side Manifold.

Previous topic - Next topic

guidematic

Nate, the fella that is doing the work on the '55 on CISO, is looking for a right side manifold for his 390. I know they are in the same section as hen's teeth, portable holes and unobtainium. But are there any out there? Can his cracked manifold be repaired?

Mike

Otto Skorzeny

That's the side with the generator bracket mount on the 365s.  Is it the same on 390?  I'll look and see if I have it.

Here's one on ebay for $150  http://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-1960-61-1962-CADILLAC-1475390-FINNED-RH-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-USED-W-BOLTS-390-/361548612172?hash=item542dfa024c:g:Hx4AAOSw9uFW9Xs-&vxp=mtr

guidematic

Thanks, I'll forward this to him....  :beer:

Mike

Fins

It seems I'm just now learning that there is/was a problem with them. I'd tell him to sit tight and watch the sellers, ie: ebay, Kiji, Craig's List, etc... I never heard of a shortage of these. It's not like they are 429 front covers. There are times when people are begging you to get the whole motors out of their garages for free, if you come pick it up.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

We've got several 390 manifolds but none for sale.

Spares for our many 390 cars.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Russ

For 100 bucks, I'll pull it off my 62 parts car.   Have him email me.   russ85747@hotmail.com
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

guidematic

Will do. Thanks Russ!

Mike

Russ

Yup, 62 wont work. I checked the "bible"
52-55
57-58
59-60
61-62

All different part #'s.
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Otto Skorzeny

But isn't the guy putting a 62 engine in the car?  It's the transmission that's still a 55.

Or does it need to be earlier to avoid interference with the trans?

guidematic

Quote from: Russ on May 06, 2016, 11:55:33 AM
Yup, 62 wont work. I checked the "bible"
52-55
57-58
59-60
61-62

All different part #'s.

Did he get a hold of you?

Mike

Jon

I think the engine is a 61.

Otto Skorzeny

Then Russ's manifold will fit the engine. 

There's a lot of room in the 55 engine bay so I wouldn't expect clearance issues with the exhaust  but the original had a rear dump not a center dump.  Steering and suspension and starter clearance will need to be looked at if the 62 manifold is a center dump.

Fins

This whole car needs to be laid out here by the owner so we can work on what he's trying to do. Too many he said, she said's in the equation.
Steer him over here Mike and PM me or CF or ST if he's still haunting us here his login so we can get him opened up.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

Jeez, would you scare him away?  :rotfl:

Mike

Fins

If he wants info, he needs to get us the info first hand, not as a third party message. If he's scared that easy, he may as well be on his own. Sam never scared him away yet.   :pot:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631