News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

A pair of '68s

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

The roof is part of the deVille package.

But you could order a car any way you wanted it back then.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

Was the vinyl roof not optional on the deVille? It was not available on the Calais until 1975. And it was standard on the Fleetwood Brougham.

Mike

Carfreak

Appears that it was optional for DeVille, n/a for Calais
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

guidematic

Keeper

Both real nice cars.I love the coupe....

ST Dog

Quote from: guidematic on January 15, 2012, 02:57:27 PM
Was the vinyl roof not optional on the deVille?

Quote from: CarFreak on January 15, 2012, 03:20:52 PM
Appears that it was optional for DeVille, n/a for Calais

So was A/C and 6-way power seats, but try finding a deVille that didn't have all 3 options.
Maybe the 60/40 split bench, but with dual 6-way controls.

Those were are so common as to nearly be standard equipment.

guidematic

AC didn't become standard until 1975. Funny, AMC made AC standard on the Ambassador in the early 70's. 1971 if I'm correct.

Mike

ST Dog

Quote from: guidematic on January 29, 2012, 03:35:27 PM
AC didn't become standard until 1975.

True, but nearly every 472 powered deVille sold had AC added.
It's so common that most parts stores don't even list the PS belt for non-AC cars.

guidematic

Quote from: ST Dog on January 29, 2012, 05:08:29 PM
Quote from: guidematic on January 29, 2012, 03:35:27 PM
AC didn't become standard until 1975.

True, but nearly every 472 powered deVille sold had AC added.
It's so common that most parts stores don't even list the PS belt for non-AC cars.

Ueah, folk look at you with some surprise when you state that AC was still an option. I think I can count on one hand how many non-AC cars in this period I've seen.

I wanted a P/S belt for my '70 when I was repairing the compressor some years back. I went to Crappy Tire and the kid told me that there was no such thing as a Cadillac without AC, so his screen told him. I came back home, got the measurements from the shop manual, then went back and picked out the belt. The kid was astonished.

Mike

DownUnderDeville

Nothing worse than going to one of these chain stores. I remember years ago I wanted a belt for my '73 Valiant which had the 265ci Hemi.

The dipshit asked "Is that Ford or Chev"? ::)

I nearly smacked him one.

guidematic

I laughed yesterday. Stu and I went to a big antique shop. They had a lot of toy cars about. I spotted a small tin car, an early 60's Studebaker Lark.

Then some guy walks up and points it out, "Oh look! A Dodge Valiant. Looks like a '61 or '62"   :LOL:

Mike

davecdv

Quote from: DownUnderDeville on January 30, 2012, 06:29:09 PM
Nothing worse than going to one of these chain stores. I remember years ago I wanted a belt for my '73 Valiant which had the 265ci Hemi.

The dipshit asked "Is that Ford or Chev"? ::)

I nearly smacked him one.

Similar thing in Adelaide about 30 years ago.I was after a belt for my `63 Pontiac Laurention.Guy behind the counter says Ford is`nt it..........Sandy still laughs about it now.