New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Green

Previous topic - Next topic

ST Dog

Nice. Saving those pictures.

I don't think it's a $12k car though.
I do like the absence of the vinyl top, but I think I prefer a second top color.

Same date code and exterior color as mine (or what it's supposed to/will be)

RH remote mirror and tilt/tele wheel that mine doesn't have.
Mine has leather seats and a vinyl top.

Tailfin Joe

This car has been on EBay about three times , I think 5k is tops 69-70 don't really pull serious money .
1970 Coupe Devile

DownUnderDeville

He initially had 17 grand on it IIRC......

Fins

He had one too many 1's in the price. Joe's right. They don't command the asking prices.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

It is a nice car. But not in that price range. I do like the lack opf the vinyl top too.

Mike

Tailfin Joe

I going to repaint my car in the future, and I am kicking around the idea of removing the top, I just don't know if I want to go Thur the extra work to make it right. I am just getting lazy in my old age.
1970 Coupe Devile

guidematic

Right now my '70 is sans the vinyl. But being a Brougham, it looks naked. But I really am tiring of vinyl roof issues.

Mike

ST Dog

My current though is to paint the top the same color as the vinyl would be (white in my case) using a textured paint.
Maybe that bed liner material Keeper used. http://cadillacmisfits.com/index.php?topic=1998.0

Put the line under the top trim, and figure out a way to mount the trim without the vinyl.

guidematic

If you keep the mounting pins, there should be no problem with mounting the trim. The trim is still on mine.

Mike

ST Dog

I'll loose most of the pins with other repairs.

But the top I removed had slits on the edge that went over the pins and looked to hold the clips in place.
Without the vinyl I would think they'd be quite loose.

Keeper

All of the stud pins on my car are shaved off.The holes however are still there.

Geoff

They have screw in replacement studs for those that are missing, ground off, etc.  We used a bunch of them on the Caribou to remount the vinyl top clips.  I still have the box they came in and a few left if anyone wants just a couple or the part number to get more,  they're from Auveco.
Geoff
:pool:
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

ST Dog

Quote from: Geoff on January 02, 2012, 02:31:48 AM
I still have the box they came in and a few left if anyone wants just a couple or the part number to get more,  they're from Auveco.

Post the part number for posterity. It will probably be a while before I'm looking to buy any.
It would be nice to know I can just cut the old one off for the repairs and replace them later.

guidematic

Quote from: ST Dog on January 01, 2012, 10:21:41 PM
I'll loose most of the pins with other repairs.

But the top I removed had slits on the edge that went over the pins and looked to hold the clips in place.
Without the vinyl I would think they'd be quite loose.

The trim on mine is nice and tight. Plus I'm sure you can get the proper clips still that would make the trim tighter. I find that's the way to go when the trim has been removed. The clips generally, unless they are still in like new condition, will not secure the trim as tight.

Mike