New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Hot Rod Cad

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper

guidematic

What's the "Pinks Car"?

In any event, these were really good cars. I'd remove the visual garbage off it, put on some nice original wheels and drive it. At least by the pics it looks decent overall.

Mike

Fins

It looks like that car is from down here. The badge on the left side of the trunk says Potamkin. That is a big Chev/Cad dealer here in Miami.

I'll pass................ :yes:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

If one of those cars came my way in the right condition and the right price, I'd consider it. I like burgandy with a white half vinyl roof and white leather with red dash and carpets.

Mike

thebig429

Quote from: Fins on October 22, 2012, 02:55:16 PM
It looks like that car is from down here. The badge on the left side of the trunk says Potamkin. That is a big Chev/Cad dealer here in Miami.

I'll pass................ :yes:
Potamkin is your Long Island, New York Chevrolet, NYC GMC Buick and Manhattan Cadillac dealer serving Queens and Brooklyn.
Really could of had this one for $3500 Not as nice as the picture. On the other hand no rust under the top, good daily driver quality.

Cadillac by Mikes Big 429, on Flickr
Cadillac Radio
Classic rock from the 60s - 90s
triplecitiesclassicrock.weebly.com/
-------------------------------

Fins

It has to be the same owner/dealer then. The badge is identical to the one used here.

But you'll never have to worry about me sniping a deal on one of those small Cadillacs from anyone. I had one and just plain didn't like it.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

thebig429

Quote from: Fins on October 23, 2012, 01:58:12 AM
It has to be the same owner/dealer then. The badge is identical to the one used here.

After a 2nd look might be from FLA. Unusual to see something up here that rust free.  Its about 2 hours from me.
Cadillac Radio

Carfreak

QuoteFor sale 79 Coupe DeVille Less than 60k miles. Engine and tranny work 100%. Body and frame solid no holes.

Needs brake lines, small leak in gas tank gauge doesn't work, needs exhaust, dimmer switch, windshield washer pump, passenger door stuck.

Would make for a good restoration project. $2500 or bo.

He's dreaming and its fugly.  

I'm not fond of that body style CDV, the Fleetwood's at least are a bit more balanced.  

For those that do like that model, there are still sufficient quantity at a reasonable price that haven't been boogered.  
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Keeper

This car was on the Speed television show called "Pinks"   Lose the race,lose your ride!

Fins

That wheelstand wasn't done with anything posted here for sale. That car had a real engine in it.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Keeper

I just thought for 2k and another 6k for a motor and you could recreate the Wheelstander!

Geoff

"This car was on the Speed television show called "Pinks"   Lose the race,lose your ride!"

I guess we can assume he didn't lose the race??
Bet he's got more than 6K in that engine.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

Fins

Quote from: Keeper on October 23, 2012, 01:51:53 PM
I just thought for 2k and another 6k for a motor and you could recreate the Wheelstander!

But why is the real question.   :scratchhead:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

guidematic

To each their own.

Mike

thebig429

Quote from: Keeper on October 23, 2012, 03:13:07 AM
This car was on the Speed television show called "Pinks"   Lose the race,lose your ride!
He lost the Caddy engine for a 572 Chevy, dont know if it was before or after pinks. Its been sold and over in sweden .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY8fRgezO4s&feature=plcp
Cadillac Radio