News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Dual Quads?

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

It seems a lot of this stuff is surfacing now that people are getting more cash strapped.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Russ

That ass crack has not done his homework, or is just that. An ass crack. I wish that would fit a 63 390. It sure as hell wont fit a 429 either.
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

Fins

Did you see where the item(s) are located? That should answer most of your questions.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Fins

Unless you have both in front of you, who knows? Some things fit, some things don't. That transition was a PITA when it came to mechanin'. One year only stuff. Look at 58-62. Most everything interchanged. Even some of the basics from 49-62 were compatible.

But 63 is when the water broke and the baby fell out too.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Jon

Quote from: Fins on May 14, 2013, 05:38:50 PM

But 63 is when the water broke and the baby fell out too.

Landed on it's head?

EZ

We have a guy on our '65-'66 forum that has an after market 2x4 intake for a Cadillac of some vintage.
He wants to put it on a 429.  He took a pic of the two intakes turned upside down so you could see the
intake ports and bolt holes and they look nearly identical except for the angle of the mounting point.  I think
he could have some spacers made and get it to fit.  If you look at the intake gasket part numbers for
331, 390, 429 I believe they are all the same.  That's why he thought it would bolt up.  It's a little
more complicated than that but I hope he gets it on there.  :crossfingers:

Fins

Quoteexcept for the angle of the mounting point.

There are your magic words. The machine shop would need the short block with heads torqued to specs to mill the intake to adapt properly.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Fins

Nice, but brutally expensive.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

EZ

I don't think the intake could be milled to fit but I think some spacers could be made.
Kinda like the Ford big block intakes that were made to fit the 500 Cadillac.

Fins

Okay. I'll bite. Why put a Ford manifold on a Cadillac?  :chin:

And I believe you are correct. You would need to add metal to it to achieve the desired angle if the deck is higher an the base angle wider.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Keeper

Back in the day when Cad 500's first started making noise in the motorsports arena.It was a sheet metal intake or
a BBF rigged up.Actually thats why Edelbrock finally fabbed one for the masses.

EZ

Fins doesn't care about performance so he's out of the loop Keeper.  Lots of people have tried a lot of
stuff to be able to use a cadillac 500 because of all the potential.  MTS has really brought that engine
into the main stream with their aluminum heads and intakes.   :clap: :clap:

Fins

You're right. I don't care much for all of that stuff. I did plenty between 15 and 30. Now I like is smooth and quiet.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631