New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

high performance caddy

Previous topic - Next topic

Fins

:doh:  Another MCLC inductee.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

Gotta get me a set of those Lund scoops for my Brougham too!  :banana:

Mike

Jon

Quote from: guidematic on May 31, 2013, 04:03:58 AM

Gotta get me a set of those Lund scoops for my Brougham too!  :banana:

Mike

You at least have the big engine in yours (not that it would stop me from mocking you for years).
This guy has the 5.0  :screwy:

guidematic

Guess maybe with those he figgers he can keep up with one with the 5.7. Now imagine how fast mine might be with those? It may keep up with the LT1. But then if I put them on the '94 Fleetwood..... :chin:

Mike

Jon

hmmmm  Chester might even be able to keep up with traffic.

guidematic

EXCRUISERGUY

Quote from: Jon on May 31, 2013, 02:35:16 PM
hmmmm  Chester might even be able to keep up with traffic.

It might even be as fast as your bicycle.

GJ

Jon

:rotfl:
I see you've figured out why I ride everywhere.

Fins

WOW !!!  :yikes:  What's in Chester? An HT-4100?  :scratchhead:

My buddy has that in an 85 Eldorado and it scoots real well.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Jon

In reality,  Chester can move if I want it too,  but I never push that car.  HT-4100's don't take well to heavy footed driving.  I tend to drive that car like there's a raw egg under the accelerator.  Whenever I'm driving Chester and following GJ in his 94 he makes fun of me  ;D

EXCRUISERGUY

The Eldo is much lighter than a Fleetwood, that is why they move much better.
The 4100 in my 82 is a good engine and it will maintain any speed.... it just takes a while to get it up there.

GJ

Fins

It can't be that much less in weight. I guess I need to go look.  :protest: What a PITA.  :hi:

Okay...The 92 comes in at 4000-4500 lbs. So say an average of 4300

The Eldorado Convertible comes in at an average of 3600 lbs. So 700 lbs can make a fair difference in acceleration. This is taking into account the year and performance differences too.

Still too new for my old ass.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Jon

Chester's an 85 weighing in at 3900lb
It seems to be tuned very well since I get fantastic fuel mileage and no complaints on performance potential.   I just make a point of babying it.
It's not going to throw you back like an LT1, but it can move enough to let people know you're in a hurry.

guidematic

They are adequate. And can get about without embarrassment. Even in the big Fleetwood. But power output really didn't change for all the years it was available in the RWD C/D cars.

To make them a bit more athletic, GM decided to stuff a 3.23 gear out back. When the 307 came on in '86 they got saddled with a 2.73, then a 2.93 in '88 which made them somewhat better. I had an '86 Fleetwood Brougham and I would say that the '84 CDV I had was just a bit more responsive. I still had both cars at the same time so I could do a direct comparo.

I have been for several drives with Ron Capp in his '85 Eldo. It's a beautiful car and it moves along well. He runs those hills around Hamilton pretty nicely with that car. But I have to admit he has a bit of a heavy foot.

So, to move up a notch, my '88 Eldo is lighter still and runs the 4.5 that I have tweaked a bit. A super strong runner that one is.

Mike