News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Another Gift

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper

guidematic

Nice car for the money. That is if it goes for $3K.

Mike

Carfreak

Rebuilt 472 Engine that sounds GREAT!
Rebuilt Carburetor
Rebuilt Transmission
New radiator and hoses
New master cylinder
new brake pads
New A/C Compressor
New Distributor
New Spark plugs and Wires
All gaskets have been replaced and are new
new gas lines and relined gas tank.
up under the hood is unstoppable!!

Really?  All those new or rebuilt parts and the seller is starting bidding at $2k with no reserve
or offering the car for $3k Buy It Now?  

I call  :bs:   there's more to the story.  

We can probably safely ASSume he spent $$$ for clear to inundate the engine compartment.

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Fins

I agree.  :yes:  Just the engine alone is a $3000 rebuild using Chinese parts. No one dumps $5000 worth of 'new' parts at a $500 car, and then only tries to get $3000 out of it.

Just more ebay junk.   :jack:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Keeper

Probably did all that stuff over a long time.tire wet is what is all over
the engine.the tuner trinies do that to everything and I did it once
and it actually lasts a long time and its easy to hose off junk under the
hood cause nothiong really sticks to the silicone.It is definately a
good deal,the 2 other 68's on ebay now are 8k and up.I think he
is just ignorant and thinks cause the front seat is ripped up,he thinks
that is all its worth!

Keeper

Carfreak

Quote from: Keeper on September 11, 2011, 05:40:52 PM

Well.Gone already!

Ueah, gone as in Ebay removed the listing probably because of a problem with the item or seller. 

AFAIK, if it were sold (Buy It Now) then the listing would show as completed. 

Carfreak

Quote from: Keeper on September 11, 2011, 05:38:08 PM

tire wet is what is all over the engine.

the tuner trinies do that to everything and I did it once and it actually lasts a long time and its easy to hose off junk under the hood cause nothiong really sticks to the silicone.

It is definately a good deal,the 2 other 68's on ebay now are 8k and up.

I think he is just ignorant and thinks cause the front seat is ripped up,he thinks that is all its worth!

IMO didn't look like tire wet or tire shine, I know what that stuff looks like and this wasn't it. 

More likely clear laquer or enamel sprayed liberally over everything under the hood. 
Real PITA when starts to peel from heat, etc.

Car dealers and the like use it to try to make a tired engine compartment look spiffy.
Even works on red heater hose.

Did you check out seller's other feedback?  He previously sold another Eldo in the $4k range. 

Nothing online is 'definitely a good deal'.   Pretty much everything is a buyer beware situation even if you have a chance to see it in person, to touch, feel, smell and drive for yourself.   

FWIW, there's a new show coming on tv this fall called 'Scammed'. 

Denrep

He had to be honest, he said so himself in the listing, about three times.
...When I started to gain on that Cadillac!

Fins

Maybe ebay just helped him out a bit in the honesty department.

Even though they are as crooked as any polititian is.   :pot:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Denrep

These Misfits sure can smell a rat.

:Muttley:

Oh, and: "Beware he who bears gifts"

EZ

I don't know................in this economy there are a LOT of good deals to be had on extra toys that are not needed.
Motorcycles, race cars, 4x4's and cars with 500 CI engines that get 6 mpg are for sale everywhere right now!  People
are losing their houses right and left so the toys have to go!  I really hate it.  But if a person has cash nows the time to
be a buyer!

Fins

If you can touch, feel, smell and look at the 'deal', then you have a chance. Otherwise, the 'buyer beware' sign has to show it's face.

One mans trash, maybe another man's treasure. But generally, it's just that....trash.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Denrep

So what do we think Misfits, was it an outright scam or just a stretch on description? :scratchhead:

Is the Ebay account still active?  :read:

Carfreak

Any reference to the auction is gone, nowhere to be found - not in completed items, not relisted. 

Don't recall the Ebay ID of the seller so can't comment on the status of his account.