News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Truck

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper

Anyone really need a new truck?I would'nt pass Go and collect the $200.1997 was the first
one and 03 was the last but this baby is real nice looking,leather and chrome was
not available till 03 but if one really needs a pickup I would start here.360 small block
is virtually a 318 stroked a bit.Tranny is electric and its of course fuel injected but
a lot of guys go back to carb proper and Woosh is there aftermarket,even Mopar
performance heads and headers and all kinds of stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-DODGE-DAKOTA-R-T-SPORT-CLUB-CAB-4X2-ONLY-21-000-MILES-99-NEW-MUST-SEE-/180745054342?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a153ea886

Fins

Why don't we just call this section the "Free Ebay Advertizing Section"?
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

I wouldn't touch a 360 with a 10 foot pole. They are pigs.

Mike

ST Dog

Quote from: Fins on October 27, 2011, 01:40:08 PM

What about all the Craig's List posts?
Or the foreign sites?

Hell, every now and then a user posts something for sale too, or even a wanted add.

EXCRUISERGUY

Quote from: guidematic on October 27, 2011, 02:29:03 PM
I wouldn't touch a 360 with a 10 foot pole. They are pigs.

Especially in a truck, they only get about 3MPG :yikes: and that's HWY :Muttley:

GJ

guidematic

I never got anymore than 10 MPG with the '71 Sport Fury I had. No matter what I did withj it. And that reputaion never changed right up to the last year of the LA engine.

It was based on the taller deck 340, which made a lot of power, but was also notorious for being a pig. In a Duster you were lucky to get 12-14MPG.

The early 360's drank gas, yet made little power.

Mike

Fins

Quote from: guidematic on October 27, 2011, 03:50:04 PM
I never got anymore than 10 MPG with the '71 Sport Fury I had. No matter what I did withj it. And that reputaion never changed right up to the last year of the LA engine.

It was based on the taller deck 340, which made a lot of power, but was also notorious for being a pig. In a Duster you were lucky to get 12-14MPG.

The early 360's drank gas, yet made little power.

Mike

Like the Ford 400/460's. You needed a 50 gallon tank to go to the grocery store in them. And that's with the grocery store 3 blocks away.   :Muttley:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

The 351M/400's yes. No power, yet swilled gas. On top of that, they were never a poster child for durability. A bad engine no matter how you looked at it.

Mike

Keeper

There is a lot more to Life than gas,Yes it does get as good a milage as my car. about 14
average.HOWEVER,It is a proven standard setup that was virtually the same since 1957 and
is user servicable and Road tests as good as a BMW 7 series.I can always make it to the gas
station.I cant however deal with thousand dollar repairs for stupid stuff like a water pump.
I only post stuff to try to help people as I have learned a lot over the years on what is disposable
and what is'nt.Stock is only listed at 255 horse,but with that posi and a cold air intake it
will snap a neck as good as anything for many,many years to come.They all were special
order and very limited production,Not as fast as a Lightning but those have turbos that of
course only last a short time.

Fins

I hate to tell you dude, but the Lightning did not have a turbo. It was supercharged. It had a Charge air cooler and two section individually fed intake.

http://www.qwksvt.com/LSpecs.html

What I'm driving now is the first turbo F-150 made. In 2010, Ford produced a variety of turbo cars. From the 1.6 litre up to the 3.5 litre V-6. Lincoln also incorporates these same engines in the MK line.

Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Keeper

My mistake,never really paid attention,just knew they were fast for some reason.

Fins

Very fast for what it is.

I'm just riding you anyway.
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Keeper

Don't ever stop either,riding me that is. I posted this somewere before a while back
but don't know where. :banghead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz0XkYkgkpA

Carfreak

Quote from: Fins on October 27, 2011, 05:32:39 PM

I'm just riding you anyway.

Quote from: Keeper on October 27, 2011, 05:37:55 PM

Don't ever stop either,riding me that is.

Kinky stuff   :eeew:
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

DownUnderDeville

Quote from: Fins on October 27, 2011, 01:40:08 PM

All right then Captain Happy, maybe this'll cheer you up.  :hi:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=416995843