News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Cast your expert eyes, Misfits....

Previous topic - Next topic

Carfreak

I'd agree with you about the roof.

FWIW, the silver paint from that era literally seemed to 'wash off'; it was of such poor quality. 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Tailfin Joe

They had a lot paint problems in that era, not just washing off but terrible orange peel as well, my new 77 Pontiac TA had a terrible paint job among other things, should have had ordered lemon yellow instead of black
1970 Coupe Devile

Fins

My opinion.....117,000 miles, repaint, reroof, and a bad one at that. I'll bet the underside is pure body filler. Lots of butchery under the hood, and introducing EFI.....Run for the hills.

But....There's an ass for every seat, and I'm sure he'll find his.

Fins
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

DownUnderDeville

I'm sure he has about 3 different eBay accounts. Different names, yet the photos look so similar, always in Lakeland FL, and of course never any underside shots, yet all the big claims under the sun about it.

Had no idea about the paint issues - was that just with silver/metallics?

Heavy orange peel to me would signal a substandard respray.

DavidP

That's the problem with Ebay ...  ::)

It only takes a couple of bad apples to spoil the barrel ...  :censored:

I see Dr Marv is still in business ... :tapedshut:
Still maintaining an almost 100% FeedBack score too ...  :Muttley:

Tailfin Joe

It could be a car from the southern part of Minnesota and then re tilted to Florida to fudge the miles, and you have a "one owner with only 17k, and a fresh original repaint"and a all original replacement top "installed to original factory specs," can't get any nicer then that.
1970 Coupe Devile

Carfreak

Quote from: Tailfin Joe on December 16, 2010, 12:29:44 PM

and a all original replacement top "installed to original factory specs," can't get any nicer then that.

The top looks like  :censored:

It may not be 117k but definitely appears to be more than 17k.    

Back in early 1980s, when I lived in So TX, there was a car wheeler-dealer who snow-birded in that area.  He ALWAYS drove a very nice triple white 76 Eldo conv 'with only 2k miles'.   Ueah, un huh.  

The speedo was disconnected, very EZ (and fairly common) thing done by those persons who owned (sic) low-mileage cars.   :hammer:

Carfreak

guidematic

No way that is 17K. No way. The steering wheel is all buggered too. Yhje bumper looks like it's ready to fall off. That is a horrible roof. and it has been 2-toned as well. Certainly not a factory option. 1980, perhaps, but not 1976.

Mike

DavidP

I would never say anything to tarnish someone reputation ... but I've always wondered how they're lucky enough to get an opening bid of $5,000 or $7,000 as soon as the auction starts ...  :speechless:
When you see the opening bid  at  $1.99   or   $4.99  ... its much easier to figure out ... probably just a previous customer ...   :Muttley:
The missing trim is easy to figure out ... On Again - Off Again ... Every time it goes through the car wash ... or a strong gust of wind ... it falls off ...   :Muttley:

DownUnderDeville

I see that silver CDV has its build sheet. :chin: