News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

8-Track

Previous topic - Next topic

guidematic

Good price so far. Let's see where it goes. I'll be watching this one.

Mike

Fins

If that were my auction, I would have had that tape player looking like it was fresh out of the box from the factory.I would have had it tested to be sure it worked properly, then put it out there for all the money for one of these 'correcto' freaks to pay me dearly.

Instead it looks like it's been sitting in a car, in a junkyard, for the last 40 years.

He must have taken a marketing course at a public education facility.   :jack:

Fins

Well, you all said it was fun to pick apart the items.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Keeper

What Fins says reminds me of a TRUE story,This happened to me!When I
worked for Duran Duran I had a 60 amp 6 outlet distro for the stage.I had
6 risers and 6 35' twistlock quadboxes,one for each.I give them to the stage
hand and show him the centre stage distro and tell him to run them to each riser;
he comes back to me fast and I look and he has the quads around the distro
and has run the male ends out to the risers. :censored:Anyhoo,I freak out
on the guy and ask "Is there a lead paint factory nearby?'He says real loud
to his buddy."Hey Steve,Do you know if there is a lead paint factory close
by?'I will never forget it and it really shows the avereage edumacation thats
out there!

Fins

I just think there is no more common sense out there anymore. You have to lead these idiots by the hand and show them how to do anything.

Yesterday I was at my Mom's house. 3 kids she used to babysit for, were over with their Mother. All 3 have a private school education. The oldest (16) just set up a facility for the sports complex on the campus where they attend school. He designed and drew the plans, submitted them to the heads of the school, got them approved for funding, has submitted the plans to the county and city for permitting, and ground breaking started at the beginning of the month.

A 16 year old with a public education on average, can't read a sentence from a book, let alone spell properly, or annunciate his wording properly.

One of them is into Classical music and wants to attend 3 of the concerts on my schedule in the coming months. I'll gladly take him. These are young teens with adult minds. Dresses like men, well spoken and have a goal each in the world today.

Fins
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

Quote from: Big Fins on December 22, 2010, 04:09:15 PM

I just think there is no more common sense out there anymore.

A 16 year old with a public education on average, can't read a sentence from a book, let alone spell properly, or annunciate his wording properly.

Fins

I'm guessing the 16 year old we encountered last night is a Democrat educated at a public school.  

The leader of our group, a no-nonsense Marine, caught the kid dead to rights - rock in hand, trying to carve his name or initials into the exterior surface of this beautiful 300 year old house in Greenfield Village.  It is the 2nd oldest home in the US, disassembled and imported from Cottswald area of UK in the 1920s by HF for Clara to have a place for her tea parties and this punk wanted to add his signature.  

Kid & mom were waiting to see / hear our group's display inside.  Of course, mom argued the generic 'not MY son'.  

You can guess the response they heard.   :SoapBox:
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

EZ

Quote from: Big Fins on December 22, 2010, 03:18:46 PM
If that were my auction, I would have had that tape player looking like it was fresh out of the box from the factory.I would have had it tested to be sure it worked properly, then put it out there for all the money for one of these 'correcto' freaks to pay me dearly.

Instead it looks like it's been sitting in a car, in a junkyard, for the last 40 years.

He must have taken a marketing course at a public education facility.   :jack:

Fins

Well, you all said it was fun to pick apart the items.

Man, I was about to post the same thing Fins.  What a moron, eh?   :bonk:

Geoff

From the CLC Buy/Sell for sale by Perry B.  Believe it is for a '68, bet it is gone already.  
http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/index.php/topic,111931.0.html

"Beautiful, correct, Delco "Cadillac" 8-track unit, guaranteed working condition - $260"

Geoff
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to be able to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

1935 Cadillac - Big Red
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Jaguar MK V Saloon - Sold
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
Auburn Boat-tail Speedster - Glenn Pray, 2nd Generation

guidematic

But we can see the diamond in this one. For $40 I can do a lot of cleaning and fixing.

Mike

Tailfin Joe

Does anyone have a picture of one these already mounted in the car? how about a picture of a tissue holder.
1970 Coupe Devile

EZ

Quote from: guidematic on December 23, 2010, 05:14:27 AM
But we can see the diamond in this one. For $40 I can do a lot of cleaning and fixing.

Mike

You're ASSuming it even works.............you might end up with a really clean paper weight.

Fins

That would depend on whether you know how to repair it or not. Personally, I would have no idea. Someone like Denrep or Thomas could have it up and running in an hour.

Fins
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

guidematic

For that money, I'd be willing to take a chance. And there are some thinbgs I can do with these things, generally the belts wear and break, and that's an easy fix.

Mike

guidematic

Quote from: EZ on December 25, 2010, 08:52:39 PM
You're ASSuming it even works.............you might end up with a really clean paper weight.

What are you calling me?    :censored:

Mike

EZ

It was a typo!!!  :SoapBox:  Yeah, that's what it was...........a typo!!!   :devil: