News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Hey Fins! Lookee here......

Previous topic - Next topic

DownUnderDeville

Remember that '76 Talisman at McCormick Auctions that you asked about a little while back? (this one http://www.classic-carauction.com/auction_details.cfm?id=4055)

Well it's back and it's in NZ - it's even in my city!  :yikes:

Don't have anything like that kind of $$$ though.......... :yikes: :yikes: He's obviously looking to make a killing.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Cadillac/FLEETWOOD/auction-345750330.htm

trvlr480

Isn't he stretching the truth just a little with the horsepower and torque numbers?  The 500's didn't have those numbers in '76, did they?  That is what the factory listed in 1970 for a 500 and the factory numbers were not generated the same way they do today.

Fins

You're killing me DuD. Veeeeeeeery slowly.

And with this cold, I think I wish I was dead.   :'( :'(

Fins
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

Do we have a sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever, wish-I-were-dead emoticon?   :scratchhead:
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

DownUnderDeville

First I've ever seen the robe and pillow. Me like :yeah baby:

I'll take an educated guess and say it owes him NZD$30K what with GST etc etc

He's out to make 10 grand I reckon, minimum.

DownUnderDeville

Here's the auction results. http://www.classic-carauction.com/auction_results_list.cfm?auctionnbr=49 ;D

He got it for USD$8610
Add 5% that the auction house charges @$430
Shipping at about USD$1800 (last I checked 2 or 3 months ago)
Comes to USD$10840

Convert @75c comes to NZD$14453

Add MAF & Customs ('bout $500) 15 grand

Add GST @ 15%, GRAND TOTAL NZD$17250. And he wants $39,500 :jack:, :jack: and  :jack:

If the car's as good as what he's making it out to be in his ad, it would've only taken him to $20K tops to get it on the road, as was the case with my car.

Now only one question remains - should I hassle this guy or what? :Muttley:

trvlr480

Finn's.  Get a bottle of Solray powdered Vitamin C.  There are 5000 mgms in each tsp.  Get some Solray Zinc.  Get some Oil of Oregano.  Get some colloidal silver.

Take the Vitamin C every hour mixed with something like water or orange juice until you get the OD signs for C.  That's the "trots".  Then back off on it.  But keep taking it.  Maybe every two to four hours.

Follow the directions on the other three.  You'll lose the cold in 24 to 48 hours.

That store bought cold crap just covers up the symptoms and prolongs the cold.

Fins

Taking 2000iu of 'C' every 4 hours. No store bought crap. Loaded up on Svedka and grapefruit juice,  :Cold Beer:  and feeling better.

But, I missed a concert yesterday that I have been waiting for since Thanksgiving.   :curse: :taz: :dwarf:  That pissed me off big time. Had the day all planned with my wife.....attend the concert, then change inhto some jeans and t-shirts and walk on the pristine white sand beaches in Naples and watch the sun go down. Then off to dinner up the road for a steak.

And this blessed flu ruined it all.   :jack:

Fins
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

Quote from: Big Fins on January 10, 2011, 10:57:10 AM
And this blessed flu ruined it all.   :jack:

Fins

What, you didn't get your flu shot? Don't you know they are safe and effective?  :ha ha:

Anyway, that really sucks. And I hope you are getting over it.

Mike

guidematic

Quote from: trvlr480 on January 09, 2011, 08:10:57 PM
Isn't he stretching the truth just a little with the horsepower and torque numbers?  The 500's didn't have those numbers in '76, did they?  That is what the factory listed in 1970 for a 500 and the factory numbers were not generated the same way they do today.

He's quoting the factory numbers for the 1970 500. The one and only high compression 500.

The 1976 numbers were 190 and 360. SAE Net, of coarse.

Mike

EXCRUISERGUY

Quote from: DownUnderDeville on January 10, 2011, 07:04:33 AM

Now only one question remains - should I hassle this guy or what?

Your good at it, go ahead. :pot:

Quote from: guidematic on January 10, 2011, 01:28:18 PM
What, you didn't get your flu shot? Don't you know they are safe and effective?  :ha ha:

Yea, nothing like a good dose of mercury to kill a virus.

GJ

DownUnderDeville

I've asked him to send me a shot of the body tag. If I don't hear from him by week's end, I'll go see it for myself.

QuoteYour good at it, go ahead.
;D One tries one's best.

trvlr480

Quote from: guidematic on January 10, 2011, 01:31:30 PM
He's quoting the factory numbers for the 1970 500. The one and only high compression 500.

The 1976 numbers were 190 and 360. SAE Net, of coarse.

Mike

That's what I thought.  I guess he figures that since he's asking an inflated price he can inflate the facts and down there in OZ no one will know the difference.

DownUnderDeville

Here's the tag.....

AM6 - same as mine.

Gonna try to decode the rest tonight.

A quick look says it used to be a triple white Fleetwood with blue carpet.

He should've left it. :No:

Fins

Easy there big guy. The Talisman package was an option. Sometimes, dealer installed, depending on the buyer. It was really only an interior package. The rest of the car wasn't any different from any other Fleetwood, sans the script.

Get all the facts before we railroad him into the ground.

Fins
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631