News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

Trunk is lined with fake fur

Previous topic - Next topic

Carfreak

1971 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible - $6900 (Duncannon)

LES DUNHAM SPECIAL

For Sale: 1971 CADILLAC "SUPERFLY" ELDORADO CONVERTIBLE with only 89,000 original miles. This one of a kind Cadillac is in EXCELLENT condition. It has no rust on the body, foors or trunk. It is white with a white convertible top and a nice, original brown leather interior. There are NO cracks in the dash or the door panels.

The car features a massive chrome grille and huge chrome bumper guards front and rear. The vehicle also has custom door handles that incorporate the Cadillac crest and wreath. The wheels are a true masterpiece. They are made up of large, chrome plated "spider" type spokes with large center caps.

The convertible top is custom in that it is made to cover the quarter glass and features a small rear window. The trunk is lined with fake fur.

YOU MUST SEE THIS CADILLAC!

This unique Cadillac runs and drivers very nice. It is PA inspected and can be driven anywhere. MUST SELL! The price is $6,900 or best offer. Please call Corey at 717-903-2244. Thank you.

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/2156406175.html

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Fins

I'll bet I could double my money with that car here.

Just drive down the road playing 'Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown'.

Fins
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

EXCRUISERGUY

It doesn't look like it would take much to make that car right again, or you could
cut holes in the fenders for exhaust running into side pipes, then sell it to Denrep.

GJ

Gary

Quote from: Big Fins on January 14, 2011, 06:11:50 AM
I'll bet I could double my money with that car here.

Just drive down the road playing 'Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown'.

Fins

Fo Schizzle, My Nizzle

It be betta you be playin Gin and Juice
Den, if you be shoutin out to yo Baby Mamma while you be stylin and profilin, you be a REAL  O0

Gary
When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.

Fins

Denrep could spend hours there drooling.   :yeah baby:

Fins
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Carfreak

Quote from: Gary on January 14, 2011, 03:40:14 PM

Fo Schizzle, My Nizzle

It be betta you be playin Gin and Juice
Den, if you be shoutin out to yo Baby Mamma while you be stylin and profilin, you be a REAL  O0

Gary

Gary,

You never told us you spoke Jive.   :scratchhead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymMBEwtRZOg

Gary

CF
filst ranguage not Jive. Engrish is second ranguage.
I learn speak Engrish in friends bookstore.

Then I get job at Warl-Mart . I make signs for Coke, boss not like.

They make me mad, so I open own store, sell good stuff, but not many cutomer.

When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.

trvlr480

I guess the bad economy is getting too the drug dealers as well.  It hurts my eyes to look at that thing.  Hopefully someone will buy it and fix it.  That grill has gotta go.  It reminds me of the pimp mobile Isaac Hays drove towards the end of Escape from New York.

davecdv

I kinda like it  :yes:

I guess it comes in the category of, it`s so bad its good  :yikes:........if you know what I mean.

Tailfin Joe

Wasn't that car in the movie " Superfly" theres probably some drug dealer that will scoop it up or a pimp daddy.
1970 Coupe Devile

Carfreak

Cool - on display through Hershey.    :banana:

Les Dunham Interview:  http://youtu.be/B8LTsik9AMU

It's more than facile to fill a museum exhibit dedicated to cars and pop culture with Elvis, poodle skirt, and sock hop references. The AACA Museum, however, has taken a far more daring path by featuring a pair of Dunham Coach "Super Fly"-type cars in its upcoming showcase, "Pop Culture and Cars: Retro Adventures."

Likely appearing at an AACA event for the very first time, the Dunham Coach "Corvorado" – as featured in the films Live and Let Die and Superman: The Movie – and the Dunham Coach "Super Fly" Cadillac Eldorado – as seen in Ft. Apache the Bronx – aren't typical AACA fare, but both played a significant role in 1970s pop culture.

As documented in the debut issue of Autocult magazine, the whole "Flash Car" movement began with the request of a Dunham Coach customer named "Snake" to add a bit more chrome to his new 1969 Cadillac Fleetwood. While that sounds simple enough nowadays, it's important to remember that on the East Coast in the late 1960s, there was still an enormous racial divide; white customization shop owners often refused to work on the cars of affluent black clientele, particularly when the source of their income was suspect. Les Dunham, owner of Dunham Coach, had no such reservations and treated all customers with respect. Dunham also listened to his clientele, delivering them exactly what was requested – and more.

Snake's request for a chrome radiator surround ultimately turned into a restyled radiator surround, patterned off the vertical grille of a Rolls-Royce. Happy with Dunham's work, Snake soon brought him additional business, as well as additional clients, and by the early 1970s, it wasn't uncommon for a car carrier to show up at Dunham Coach, loaded with new Cadillacs awaiting Les's touch. In 1971, Snake's request for a Rolls-Royce-style headlight, influenced by cars of the 1920s, led to the creation of the "Fly Light," an oversize chrome headlight surround that became a hallmark of Dunham Coach design.

The cultural significance of Dunham's work goes far beyond the addition of chrome trim, exaggerated headlight surrounds and fake sidemounts. As Dan Stoner of Autocult explained, "Les was the only guy who real-life pimps could take their brand-new Cadillacs to for customization. Dunham single-handedly took the custom car industry out of Southern California and right into the sleepy town of Boonton, New Jersey, for this 'clientele.'"

The 1971 film Super Fly, a term once used by a customer of Dunham's to describe his work, put Dunham Coach's cars on the big screen. Additional film appearances would follow, highlighting other Dunham creations, such as the cut-down Cadillac Eldorado-bodied Corvette known as the Corvorado. When interest in "Flash Cars" waned at the close of the 1970s, Dunham turned his attention to making custom truck parts, once again proving his versatility.

The AACA's recognition of Dunham's work is significant, if perhaps a bit overdue. As Stoner put it, "Interest [in Flash Cars] definitely started to surge again in the early 2000s, following the typical cycle of pop culture (25-30 years) and the renewed interest in all things Seventies. The renewed interest in Blaxploitation Film and Grindhouse Film also contributed to the interest in Les's Flash Cars, because of Super Fly."

The AACA's Pop Culture and Cars exhibit will feature far more than just Dunham's "Super Fly" creations. Other cars to be shown include the 1932 Ford Roadster driven by actor, pop star and 1950s icon Ricky Nelson, the 1978 Pontiac Trans-Am Y-84 presented to Burt Reynolds after filming Smokey and the Bandit, a 1969 American Motors Corporation AMX and a 1974 Bricklin. There are a few more ordinary cars on display as well, including a 1961 VW Transporter, a 1970 Ford Maverick, a 1975 AMC Pacer X and a 1977 Chrysler Cordoba (complete with "soft Corinthian leather," as shilled by Ricardo Montalban for Chrysler Corporation).

No exhibit on pop culture would be complete without other trappings from the various decades, including a 1950s juke box, 1960s lava lamps and a 1970s mirrored disco ball. "Pop Culture and Cars: Retro Adventures" will run from May 17 through October 13 at the AACA Museum in Hershey, Pennsylvania. For more information, visit AACAMuseum.org.

Carfreak

I'll be there in October but that's 5 months out. 

You volunteering?  I hear there are some good garage sales along the way.   :burnout:

Carfreak

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

:No:

At least one or two Misfits may appreciate this. 

Otto Skorzeny