News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

'80 Cadillac Seville Bustleback Limo...hold onto your lunch

Previous topic - Next topic

guidematic

Popular with European collectors?

My friend Dirk bought one of these limos for parts, particularly the engine, for his '82 Seville that is NOT stretched.

Mike

Fins

It didn't look that bad. I wouldn't want it, but I'm sure there are a few out there that would.

Fins
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

DownUnderDeville

It's hard to look worse than the original '80. Those bloody things look like hatchbacks to me.

The '75-'79 Seville was a smart-looking car.

Carfreak

Quote from: DownUnderDeville on January 17, 2011, 06:51:14 PM

The '75-'79 Seville was a smart-looking car.

I always thought so until I owned one.

Too danged small!!! 

Hit my knee on the dogleg everytime I got in or out of it.  :curse:
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

guidematic

Agreed, they were small. I drove many of these cars years ago and I always felt a bit cramped in them, but they did drive really nice. The bustleback does have more room, and believe it or not, the trunk is actually bigger.

Mike

EXCRUISERGUY

Quote from: DownUnderDeville on January 17, 2011, 06:51:14 PM
It's hard to look worse than the original '80. Those bloody things look like hatchbacks to me.

The bustleback is a love it or hate it design.
I hated them when I first saw them, but they grew on me and I always stop to look at them now. That hatchback look was inspired by Rolls Royce.

GJ

Carfreak

I don't remember my 1978 Seville being very remarkable with regards to driving but dad's 83 Elegante was great. 

It drove like a Cadillac. 

And it would go through anything; a foot of snow in the backyard was no problem.   ::)
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

guidematic

Certainly the second generation Sevilles drove like Cadillacs. They were still a very premium car, and had a very sophisticated chassis. This era of Eldorado drove very similar being based on the same chassis. But more power would have been nice.

Mike

Russ

I'd part it out. Has to be something on that turd worth a buck.... :thumbup:
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

EXCRUISERGUY

Quote from: Denrep on January 19, 2011, 06:00:41 AM
"This 1980 Cadillac Bustleback Seville limousine is both rare, and attractive. It is a perfect candidate for restoration and could easily be brought back to its original beauty."

Or lack thereof.  :ha ha:
:Muttley: 

Or you could pimp it out. :yikes:

GJ

Fins

I don't recall ever seeing a Bustleback pimped. That might be interesting.   :puke:

But the regular car I liked. They rode very nice.

Fins
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

DownUnderDeville

Aw c'mon....the Bigfoot 4X4 is pretty cool.

You could crush plebmobiles (say, Mustangs) in absolute comfort. :yes:

That first one's hilarious. Is that his take on the Mad Max Interceptor? :rotfl: