News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

1982 Merdedes For Sale

Previous topic - Next topic

guidematic

Carfreak

Ueah, sort of like sending Fins to guard the Goose, Gareth & you to guard the beer, and so forth.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

guidematic

Ueah, I suppose you'd be right on that, then.   :Cold Beer:

Mike

EXCRUISERGUY

Quote from: CarFreak on April 25, 2011, 12:49:16 PM
Gareth & you to guard the beer, and so forth.

I'd be happy to have that job. :Cold Beer:

GJ

Fins

I need to put that in my profile........ :chin:

"Goose Guarder"    :icon_OO:

As long as those nasty Canadian Geese stay away.
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

Quote from: Big Fins on April 25, 2011, 02:22:45 PM

Well?

Mike

Fins

Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

Tailfin Joe

Sometimes I think about having a old MB but this is when I am on my fourth beer :Cold Beer:
1970 Coupe Devile

trvlr480

Mercedes are best bought brand new so you can maintain them properly.  A used one is always a hit or miss unless you know the previous owner maintained it properly.  Many people that buy them don't take care of them as they should.  When it comes to repairs it's like being a boat owner. "Bring Over Another Thousand".

The older ones had rust problems.  The SL500's had front end problems as far as bushings and other parts are concerned.  The diesels, however, last forever if maintained properly.  If you found an old diesel that had been VERY well taken care of and garaged it would be worth buying.  One of the real old ones that put out lots of black smoke, sounds like a real diesel and are all mechanical without all the wiz-bang electronics on them that is.

EXCRUISERGUY

I knew someone that had an 85 300D and I will admit that it was a tank.
It was noisy, it stank and had lots of electrical gremlins.
Other than that it was a good car.

GJ

guidematic

One of my ex boss' was a Mercedes fan. And he had a bunch of friends that had them too. They all brought them over to be worked on. I hated them.

Difficult to work on, and insane prices for parts.

Mike

Russ

Quote from: Big Fins on April 25, 2011, 02:22:45 PM

Chicken Choker?  :Muttley:
63 4 window sedan, series 62

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD

DownUnderDeville

As long as it ain't "Monkey Spanker"  :Muttley:

Gary

Quote from: DownUnderDeville on April 29, 2011, 01:28:06 AM
As long as it ain't "Monkey Spanker"  :Muttley:

Or
Baloney Slapper
Or
Carrot Waxer

Gary
When Chuck Norris gives you The Finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have to live.