News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

1988 Fleetwood Brougham for sale pictures now YAY

Previous topic - Next topic

Kubla

I need to sell my 88 fleetwood since I have a 96

it had new brakes, brake lines and alternator when I bought it, I put a new exhaust, water pump, and tires on it, A used steering wheel to replace the ugly original (same color though) car has like 85K miles, runs good, needs paint and a vinyl roof, in other words, mechanically good, cosmetically not so good, interior fair, will get some pictures of it this week

$1200 OBO  

513-242-8980
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
1988 Fleetwood Brougham

Tailfin Joe

How about some pictures?, your in Ohio correct? Cincinnati area.
1970 Coupe Devile

Fins

Quotewill get some pictures of it this week

Another skim reader !!!    :pull hair:    :rotfl:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Kubla

yes Cincinnati Ohio, and it is still  :SoapBox: raining here so no pictures today
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
1988 Fleetwood Brougham

Kubla

1996 Fleetwood Brougham
1988 Fleetwood Brougham

Kubla

I'm hurt, not one comment after I posted pictures, you all are slipping here :hi:
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
1988 Fleetwood Brougham

Carfreak

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Kubla

it actually sat unused for years, outside, before the previous owner resurrected it
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
1988 Fleetwood Brougham

Fins

Have you thought about parting it out? Lots of good pieces that people always seem to looking for. Sheet metal, bumpers, drive train, interior lenses and other items.

Or won't your municipality let you keep something like that in view of the public?
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

guidematic

If it's a good runner, then maybe it would be worth giving it some paint and a top.

The rest of the bits could be found here and there over time.

Mike

Xris

Quote from: Big Fins on May 08, 2011, 04:38:18 AM
Have you thought about parting it out? Lots of good pieces that people always seem to looking for. Sheet metal, bumpers, drive train, interior lenses and other items.

That was my first thought ,though I thought it was a bit cheeky to mention it .
I have a long list if you go that way .

Xris

Carfreak

My opinion, its too new and not good enough condition to part it out and make a decent, quick return.  Of course, the 5.0 is less desirable then 5.7.  

He'd be nickle & dime'ing the bits & pieces for quite a while before clearing 4 figures.  Trust me, its a PITA - not like having a professional salvage yard with advertising in place and a customer base.  

And its not a '59  ;)

Now it may be a different story if he stored the car for 20 years, if it stayed in basically the same condition and if useable gasoline were still available....

Better off to sell it whole as a running, driving car.  And you'd be amazed how many people try to sell 'dirty' cars.   Even with peeling clear coat, dried out vinyl top; if the car is clean (windows, mats, ashtrays, etc.) that in itself presents a more appealing option then someone else's leftovers and debris.  I'd suggest spending an hour or so and give it a quick clean up to put its best foot forward.

One last comment, if anything find a hubcap that will fit even if not the correct one.  Makes the car look complete and will prevent a buyer from being distracted by the steel wheel. 

Kubla

I have tried several times to find a matching hubcap without being raped on the price, main problem being that most of them came with wire type caps and not the ones on there, and then I bought the 96 and it was no longer a priority to me
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
1988 Fleetwood Brougham

Carfreak

If you want to pay postage, I might have an orphan that although not the same, will at least fill the empty space.