News:

New forum software.

Check your settings.

Several themes available under "Look and Layout"

1980 442

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.John

Okay today I went to look at a 80 442  :yeah baby: vin# 3k47ram532413 109K the motor # 5577523b the numbers match.. :whoo-hoo:

the numbers jive so far. the car is from AZ so the body is pretty much spottless, OE White and gold T-Top car.. could use a paint job but could be driven as a suvivor, the interor had had the carpet replaced, I think... the seats need redone, they are correct.. the motor has a exhaust leak, the owner thought it was a lifter but I know the diffrance, hes asking 2,500 I could tell I can get him down to Two.. what do my misfits think??

The 442 model moved to the notchback Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais to return to its roots as a performance car as it had a larger 350 V8 engine not available on other Cutlass models. It included W-30 badging on the front fenders above the side marker lights, with less dramatic graphics. Otherwise, the cars shared identical powertrain,(minus the Hurst Shifter), with the '79 H/O. Also available only in gold over white or gold over black paint, a total of 886 were built, 540 in Black, and 346 in White. The MSRP price of a Cutlass Calais in 1980 was $6,919.57. Option W-30 4-4-2 Appearance and Handling Package cost $1,255.12. This package consisted of: Gold Accent Paint Scheme (Y71), Painted Grille Face, Applique Pillar Molding, Aluminum Sport Wheels, "W-30" Decals on Front Fender, Tail Lamp Bezel and Rear Window Molding to Match Body Color, "442" Emblem on Sail Panel and Deck Lid, Engine 5.7 Liter (350 CID) V8, 4-bbl (L34), Sport Console (D55), Rallye Suspension Package (FE2), Tires P205/70R14 Steel Belted Radial Ply Blackwall with Raised White Letters (QFV) and Digital Clock (UE8). The W-30 4-4-2 option was not available in California. A sample of included options: Interior color: Camel Tan with both fabric and/or vinyl,as well as White Vinyl,(Black could be ordered for Black/Gold cars), Custom Steering Wheel (NK3), Tilt Column (N33), Gauge cluster, AM/FM 8-Track Radio (UM2), Cruise Control (K30), Delay Winshield Wipers (CD4), Tempmatic Air Conditioning (C65), Dual Remote Mirrors, 442 Door Panel Emblems, Rear Window Defogger, 6-Way Power Left Bucket Seat (AC3). The 350,(Vin "R", engine code tag "AR"), 3A heads, 4-bbl M4MC Rochester Carb, 8.5:1 compression, 170 hp@3800 and 275 torque@2000. Turbo-Hydromatic 350 Transmission (Code "LJ", special W-30 application). Code "AB" non-locking 2.73 rear axle. A cross-flow muffler gives a "factory" dual exhaust appearance.

The 442 option was not available 1981-1984, but the Hurst/Olds returned for 1983 and 1984.

Carfreak

After 26 years, I'm used to looking @ H/O's headlights but sorta prefer the 80's instead.  

Hey, if you get the car and decide to go with 22s, I'd be interested in the rims.  

Of course, go full duals none of this appearance b.s.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Dr.John

HA!!! 22's :rotfl:  no 22's for this kid.. I have a factory fetish...LOL  I wish I would have taken pictures of the car.. Teri said I need to get rid of something if I want it.. I'm thinkin the 93 may have to go here.... I really have the hots for the 442.. I'm not sure I would even want to paint it.. just shine it up the best I can and drive it..

Fins

I can't offer any sort of opinion here Doc. I can't even picture the car in my mind.   :scratchhead:
Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Dr.John

That's cool big guy... It looks like CF's 79 H/O four headlamps instead of two.

EXCRUISERGUY

Quote from: Big Fins on June 25, 2011, 02:58:43 PM
I can't even picture the car in my mind.   :scratchhead:

This should help.

GJ

EZ

My in-laws had one of those in yellow when I was dating my wife back in 1980.  Had a W-30 motor I think??  :yeah baby:

Carfreak

Definitely something Tony Manero would cruize to the disco in his white suit.

Somehow I never figured JP as the disco type?   :scratchhead:

Dr.John

Quote from: CarFreak on June 26, 2011, 02:48:57 AM
Definitely something Tony Manero would cruize to the disco in his white suit.

Somehow I never figured JP as the disco type?   :scratchhead:

????? I did wear a Bee Gees shirt in the late 70's

Carfreak

In grade school?  

Dr.John

Fins

Fins
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist Poly with White interior and top
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top (Sold)
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Fins

Thank God it wasn't a shirt with John Revolting on it.   :dwarf:
Fins
Founder of The Misfits
CLC# 22631

Dr.John

I think I had a dukes of hazards and a trans am tee shirts too...

Carfreak

Lunchbox with matching thermos?